Chapter 4

"They'll be here any minute now." Dara told her husband.

"They better be. The Kims have been here for almost ten minutes." He was losing his patience waiting for Jisoo and Lisa.

"Jinyoung, call them." Dara instructed.

"Call who?" Jisoo has stepped forward with Lisa on her arm.

"What took you so long? And what the hell is this?" Dara harshly pulled Lisa's arm off.

"Watch it." Jisoo patted Lisa to make sure she was fine. "I was in a last minute meeting."

"There are only ten minutes before we announce your engagement. Don't mess this up." Seunghyun gave her a look of disapproval.

They walked away to greet the rest of their friends while Lisa went away to sneak a drink for Jisoo.

"Here." She handed her the glass.

"I'm not drinking hard liquor before I go up in front of everyone." Jisoo softly shoved the glass away.

"Well, you're not going up on stage, sweating and shivering." Lisa pulled open her jaw and pushed Jisoo to drink.

"Mhmph. Enough!" Jisoo wiped her mouth.

"There's no more anyway." Lisa slid the empty glass onto a table nearby.

She tugged on Jisoo's arm when she saw Dara signal for them. "Let's go put a ring on your soon to be prison mate's finger."

----------

"Thank you for waiting with us for this wonderful moment. It's a pleasure to celebrate this engagement with you!"

"What the hell are they talking about?" Hoseok gulped down his drink. "I saw Jin's picture with Joon this morning."

"And I'd like to once again introduce to all of you my son..."

"Trust me, this is some bullshit." Yoongi swirled his glass. "They can't just bring anyone to introduce Jin up on stage."

"...Kim Seokjin!"

Both of the men almost spit out their drinks when they saw their friend on stage.

Nothing in them would've thought they would see Jin willingly walk across the stage and wait to be introduced to his fiancé.

They gave each other a few glances to make sure it wasn't the alcohol playing with them.

"What the hell is going on?!"

Jisoo's sight was becoming slightly hazy, unsure if it was the anxiety or the alcohol behind its cause.

She decided it was her anxiousness since she could feel herself sweating like crazy and her heart beating a mile a second.

"....and his fiancé, Jennie Kim!"

This was it. If she raised her head slightly, she could see "her" fiancé in front of her. She looked back at Lisa who shot her a teasing grin.

"Look" Lisa mouthed towards her.

Gulping the air stuck in her throat, Jisoo raised her eyes slowly from the ground. Her breathing hitched when she met the feline eyes looking back at her.

Nothing could explain the rush in her head that Jennie caused. Her heart's rhythm was thrown off completely as she reluctantly dragged her eyes away from her eyes to fully look at Jennie.

She found her way back to Jennie's eyes. Jisoo desperately wanted to decode the look in them. No emotion could describe what she was seeing.

She could hear the drowned out voices telling her to do something but nothing could take her focus from the beauty Jennie Kim was.