Chapter 26

"Hey." The tranquil silence in the room was unfamiliar to the two of them.

"She cried so hard, she fell asleep." Seulgi awkwardly chuckled, stroking Lisa's hair. "You should change. Your clothes and hair are drenched."

"It's growing pretty fast." Jisoo pulled on a few strands. Give it a month and it would be shoulder length."

"Yeah." They both heaved a sigh, looking back at Lisa.

"Is she mad at me?" Jisoo asked.

"No. I don't think she could ever be mad at you. Just upset."

"I didn't want her to find out."

"I get it. She gets it too. But she couldn't help but feel she was a large factor to this mess." Seulgi stood up from the bed. "Your mom blew up on her. Even your dad didn't know the things she told you. And when she finally said it, Lisa couldn't stop crying."

"Where is that bitch now?" Jisoo grit her teeth in anger.

"She supposedly left for the night after telling us to stop messing around and get ready for the wedding." Seulgi informed her.

"The wedding…" Jisoo pulled out the locket in her pocket. "Get ready."

"Okay."

"Not for the wedding," She clenched the locket in her fist. "but to leave."

"When?"

"Right after all the documents are signed, we leave."

"You're leaving from the altar?" Seulgi raised her voice, unknowingly interrupting Lisa's sleep.

"If I stay any longer I would give in. This is the only way." Jisoo's head dropped in guilt.

"You're going to break her heart." She knew. Jisoo knew already.

"Jin is there." Seulgi shook her head in disapproval.

"What about Namjoon?" She inquired

"That's not our problem. We're leaving as soon as we can." Jisoo firmly stated. "Lisa shouldn't stay here any longer."

"The business documents will be signed at the same time as the marriage certificate. I'll call Taehyung. Pack your luggage tomorrow and load it onto his car. At the end of the wedding night, I'll switch places with Jin, we'll be home by the next morning."

"And you're okay with this?" Lisa spoke up, raising their attention. "Is this really fine with you, Jisoo?"

Jisoo swallowed the air in her throat. "There's nothing we can do now. We'll be okay soon."

"Okay." Although Jisoo didn't trust her words, Lisa did. The younger pulled her into a tight hug that the raven slowly melted into the warmth of.

"You're not a liar. Not telling the truth doesn't equate to lying. You do love her. Jennie will be fine." She soothed Jisoo who hugged her tighter.

"I just hope I won't hurt her too much.'"

"You won't." They stayed like that while Seulgi watched.

"Wanna join?" Jisoo asked, smiling for once.

"No thanks." She quickly declined. "I prefer not to embrace rain water."

"I wanted to take a shower anyway." Lisa tightened her hold on Jisoo as they laughed. The warmth in the room washed away their soon to come devastation.

________________

"Good morning!" Nayeon brightly greeted as the bell at the door chimed . Her smile dropped once she realised they weren't customers.