Chapter 32

Jisoo was staring without a thought at the back of Jennie's hair. They were still walking, more of her mindlessly following Jennie who was walking ahead.

She would've continued like that if her look didn't waiver to Jennie's feet and noticed the small wounds on the back of her ankles. The raven firmly stopped in her tracks, jerking the latter back slightly; but unlike usual, she caught herself before Jisoo could.

The raven immediately scanned around for a nearby bench and pulled her to sit. She continued to avoid eye contact as she kneeled down and proceeded to take off one of her heels.

Jennie didn't interrupt Jisoo who pulled out a childish Shinchan bandaid to put on her. She only watched as the raven furrowed her brows, softly laid it on the back of her ankles and let her feet down.

"Everything's fine now." Jisoo unintentionally smiled at her only to be met with a cold stare. It didn't take long for her smile to drop.

"Is it? Is it really?" She remained silent. "The way you're acting as if we are familar with each other yet I don't know anything about you but that stupid face of yours I searched for. Did you think you're that easily replaceable?"

The brunette's voice was shaky. The same tone Jennie had when she spoke of her parents yet right now it was masked in anger. Her hand twitched to reach out to her but she was a coward.

"You're not even going to look at me? Am I that much of an eyesore, Kim?" Anger flooded through Jennie in massive tides.

Jisoo's chest felt heavy. The pounding of her heart got irrationally loud. She shook her head, still facing the ground in shame.

"Do you take me for a fucking fool? That I would live with any man thinking it was my husband just because of a face. How fucking cruel are you that you left a woman on the day of her wedding."

"I didn't..." She gulped what was left in her throat before meekly whispering to herself. "I didn't want to. I didn't want to hurt you."

"After months of acting as if you loved me, you signed me away like a business deal and left me at our wedding."

"That's not right. I wasn't- I wasn't acting." Jisoo chanted to herself, shaking slightly. "I would never. That's not what I was trying to do."

"You're a fucking coward, Kim." Jennie blankly stated. "You left me heartbroken on my wedding night and here I come back to see you enjoying yourself with various women." Her hate-filled sneer that came out of jealousy didn't hurt Jisoo as much as her icy, unfamiliar tone.

"No, that's not-"

"You're a selfish fucking coward that just runs away from your every problem in fear or facing it." The raven felt a shiver run up her spine at Jennie's venomous tone. She quickly regained her composure.

"You promised me a lot and you haven't kept even one." She hollered out at her. "I spent months searching for you so I can get back what you owe me."

"You don't have much time and you're in no position to demand here. There's nowhere to run or hide again. Remember, you can't get rid of a wife that easily, Kim." Flashing Jisoo a vixen smile, Jennie turned and made her way away.

The sea of emotions Jisoo was feeling only deepened as Jennie walked away. Unsure what to do or what just took place, she stood in one place staring at her leave.

The brunette paced away as fast as she could until she was out of Jisoo's view. She stomped over and got into the car that was waiting for her.

"Are you okay?"

The three simple words caused all the pent up emotions to pour out of her. Tears rolled down and soon Jennie was wailing into her palms.

"I hate her so much, unnie."