Chapter 25

"The beach?" Jisoo looked at her with a slanted smile. She nodded like a child before pulling her towards the sand. "I used to come here whenever I felt down since it's just a walk away from our place."

"They have turtles here!" Jennie excitedly ran to the area where there were already a few people crowded.

Jisoo gasped when she saw an array of turtles laying on the beach as Jennie had said.

"Come on! Let's go introduce ourselves!" Jennie bent over to greet the turtles.

"Hi! I'm Jennie Ruby Jane Kim." Jisoo crouched down beside her. "I'm Kim Seokjin."

"I don't have a middle name. I want one too, Jen." Jisoo turned to see Jennie giggle softly.

"Then let's give you one." She looked at the slow moving turtle in front of her. "What do you think, miss turtle?"

"Kim Turtle Jin?" Jisoo offered. "I kind of want a longer one."

"Turtle?" The younger girl laughed, shaking her head. "That's so funny. Kind of cute." Laughter died down to a smile. "It suits you.

"Kim Turtle Rabbit Jin! That's my name." Jisoo declared.

"Do I have to add that to my name once we're married?" Jennie scrunched her face. "I don't wanna. People will make fun of me."

"Hey! What's funny about my new name?" Jisoo humoured her.

"Everything!" Jennie stood up and ran away before Jisoo could reach for her. She stood up to chase after her but stopped once she saw the turtle look at her weirdly.

Crouching back down, her and the turtle had shared a quick glance.

"Hi, I'm Jisoo Turtle Rabbit Kim." She extended a hand that the turtle looked at before walking away.

"Rude." Jisoo pouted standing up and dusting herself off. The turtle turned its neck to look at her and she swore she saw a smile before it turned away and made its way again.

They stayed on the beach for a while so Jennie could gush over how cute the little creatures were while Jisoo kept her from getting bit by any of them.

"My feet are tired." Jennie ran her bare feet through the sand, Jisoo was carrying her shoes for her.

"I can feel the sand in my socks."

"I told you to take them off and join me."

"No thank you. These feet are expensive and exclusive. No free exposure." Jisoo stated much to Jennie's amusement. The younger found herself laughing a lot more than she had in years when she was with her fiancé.

"Take me somewhere." She stated out of the blue.

"Hmm?"

"Take. Me. Somewhere." Jennie enunciated adorably.

"Where?"

"Anywhere. Just somewhere. I wanna be surprised by you. Like the time you took me to the waterfall or when you showed up at the reunion."

"A simple. "Surprise me." would have sufficed." Jisoo laughed as she watched Jennie frown and roll her eyes.

She watched for a while until she felt a pinch at her heart, and her hand since Jennie was squeezing it quite hard to express her displeasure.

"Alright. Enough pouting Miss. Ruby Jane. Let's go surprise you." They stumbled through the sand to reach the road. Jisoo instructed Jennie to sit on the nearby bench at the only bus shelter nearby.

Kneeling on one knee, she pulled Jennie's foot to put on top of her other.

"Jin! I can wear them on my own." The younger tried pulling away her foot but Jisoo simply didn't plan on giving in.