Chapter 14

"You took these?" Rosé made her way towards the collage of photos in Lisoo's bedroom.

She simply nodded, checking their empty fridge for at least a hint of food. There was nothing in there as expected.

"Sixteen and eighteen doesn't seem like a scary age difference anymore."' She teased, watching Lisa for a reaction.

"Gosh. Don't bring that up again. You're so annoying." Lisa fell back on the bed.

"How did you guys actually meet? I didn't really catch anything about that."

"You know the story now. Jisoo ran away from home. I found her stoically sitting on a bench during heavy rain and simply brought the pretty girl home to my parents. We've been best friends ever since."

"So simple." She genuinely laughed, surprising Lisa.

"What happens to you once Jin returns?" They both fell into silence at the forbidden question.

"We return back to our regular lives." A thin-lipped smile crawled up her face. "Back here."

Roseanne swore she didn't falter, but the yellow light illuminating Lisa's face did wonders to her heart.

"I see." Dusting off her skirt, she stood up and walked outside to see Seulgi already made herself comfortable and was playing on Jisoo's switch.

"You still haven't told me who you are."

The bear tossed the switch aside and sat up. Rosie took her seat beside her, looking around at the various pictures tapped around the walls. Most of Lisa and Jisoo but many consist of a multitude of friends.

"I guessed you would've figured it out already. I'm just a friend."

"Did you know about…"

"Nope. I learned two days ago."

"So, they stayed over at your place last night?"

"Nope. We all stayed over here." Roseanne skeptically nodded.

"You know we're leaving tomorrow, right?"

"Yup." Seulgi hopped up from the couch and grabbed the switch to put it away. "I'll miss them. But we'll keep in touch and they'll be back soon."

The corner of her mouth raised as she watched Lisa come out and bicker with Seulgi over food. Her parents were wrong. Friends seemed much more valuable than any of their business.

Maybe if she tried hard enough, she could get Jennie out of this engagement.

——————————

Jennie had got out of bed in a panic when she noticed she was in a different suite. It soothed over when she saw Jin dozing off on the couch.

Currently, she was kneeling in front of his face, studying the details when he suddenly stirred in his sleep.

Jennie quickly backed away, rushing to sit back in bed, but her aroma that lingered near disturbed Jisoo enough to wake her up.