Chapter 11

Silence was always awkward. But not this one.

Jennie's breathing had evened out a few minutes ago yet she didn't let go of Jisoo. The raven awkwardly stayed on her hurting knees waiting for Jennie to move.

And when she did, she saw the most honest and genuine smile she had ever been given by the younger girl. She suddenly forgot how to breathe.

Jisoo stood up, masking her shaky knees. She held her hand out for Jennie to take.

"Let's go?" Jennie nodded, wiping the last of her tears before dropping her own hand into Jisoo's and allowing her to help her up.

Once they were out, Jennie was surprised to find Jisoo still walking without waiting to call their driver back to pick them up.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Somewhere." She winked at Jennie playfully before continuing their walk.

They reached a bus stop and waited in the shelter as Jisoo checked her wallet to pay for the fare. She couldn't just take out her old card and raise suspicions from Jennie.

"Are we taking the bus?" Jennie's tone was of panic and concern.

"Yes." It seemed Jisoo's answer wasn't the correct one. "Is that a problem?"

"No, it's just- I've never been on one."

HUH?

"Never been on a bus?" Jennie nodded with a pout. "May I ask why?"

"Dad thought it wasn't appropriate."

How is a bus not appropriate? Jisoo didn't understand the reasoning at all.

"If you want I can call an Uber."

"No!" Jennie cleared her throat to tone down her voice. "No. I'm fine. I'm just not sure how to get on."

"I usually use my feet. But you're welcome to enter with a handstand. The driver won't say anything." Jisoo shrugged.

Jennie's laugh felt like an achievement. Jisoo was glad she ran back from the car to get Jennie.

They quietly waited at the stop. Looking down, Jisoo noticed Jennie was still in her heels.

Remembering how uncomfortable Lisa was in her apparel she decided they'll shop before going down to their destination.

"What size are you? Small? How about your shoe size?" She scanned Jennie with her eyes.

"Excuse me?...Why do you need to know?" Jennie's words stammered at the sudden interrogation.

"You look quite uncomfortable in your clothes. We'll go shopping before we get there."

"That's unnecessary." Jennie was still squirming in her skirt. "I can manage."

"Jennie." Jisoo vehemently stared into Jennie's eyes. Her hard voice startled her lightly.

"If you dislike something, please just come right out and say it. It's necessary for you to feel comfortable in whatever you're doing. Especially for me."

Jennie swore she felt a tug at her heart when Jin softened his tone at the last sentence. She gave in and agreed to change.

As if on time, the bus was zooming towards them.

"It looks a bit full as usual so hold onto me and a pole if we don't get a seat, okay?" After a nod, they walked out of the shelter and waited for the transit to reach them.

They waited for the passengers to get off before entering. Jennie slightly miscalculated the distance between the bus and her foot when she missed her step and almost slipped.