Chapter 6

"I'm so glad you were able to join us for breakfast." Dara invited them inside.

"We are too." Jiyong replied. "I'm just happy we found some free time." The spouses chuckled.

"I believe Jin will be joining us."

"Oh, he will." Dara smiled to cover up her annoyance. "They'll be coming down soon."

As if on cue, they heard Lisa's heels clicking down the stairs. Jisoo was right behind her.

"Speak of the devil." Seunghyun muttered under his breath.

"Good morning!" Jisoo brightly greeted everyone, mostly aiming at Jennie who gave a polite smile back.

Not enough. She quickly walked over and tucked out a chair for Lisa, surprising all of them.

Dara gritted her teeth as Lisa gave them a bashful smile. The rest of them looked at her in confusion and shock.

"Is there a problem?" Jisoo asked. Both Kim family members shook their heads. They went back to their conversation.

Lisa suppressed a yawn. The girls had woken up late and rushed to dress up when they remembered they had breakfast with the Kims.

They were previously crouched near the stairs, listening in on their conversation and walked down when they heard their names.

Jisoo smiled in victory at the surprise seen on the Kims' faces. She did it on purpose. She knew it was a family breakfast and Lisa, as her assistant, wasn't supposed to be seated.

But there was no way she's going to let the girl stand by like the rest of their workers while she eats.

And this felt like the first step to make sure they knew Lisa is important to her so she wouldn't be disrespected in the future.

"I'm not sure. I don't think it's such a good idea."

"They need to get to know eachother one way or another and this feels like the perfect opportunity." Jiyong exclaimed. Dara didn't protest anymore.

"Are you fine with this, Jin?" Jiyong got no response.

Jisoo was too busy beaming at Jennie and Lisa was too focused trying to see how much pancakes she can finish to at least nudge Jisoo back into focus.

He cleared his throat loudly, taking Jisoo's attention away from Jennie and making Lisa choke on her pancake.

"I'm so sorry. Can you please repeat that?" Jisoo's ears were bright red in embarrassment but the slight upward turn on Jennie's lips were all that mattered to her.

"I guess you're eager to leave already." Jiyong chuckled. "I was asking if you're fine with accompanying Jennie on her first business trip. She'll need some guidance and I believe you would be a good choice."

"Oh, of course." Jisoo turned to look at Jennie. "Are you okay with me accompanying you?"

Her question caught Jennie off guard. She was ready to go along with whatever her dad had proposed as usual. She didn't expect Jin to ask for her consent to accompany her.

"Of course she is." Jiyong spoke for Jennie as usual.

"Yes, but I would like to hear it from her." Jisoo strictly shut him down.

Jennie ignored Jiyong's daggers and faced her fiancé. The soft eager eyes waited for her answer. She fought back a smile and slowly nodded her approval.

"Then we're set. When will we be leaving?" Jisoo turned to Jiyong. "I'll have to postpone my meetings.

"The day after tomorrow." He mumbled, a bit irritated.