Chapter 12

"It's really pouring." Lisa looked out of the window in worry. Jisoo told her she's with Jennie hours ago but hasn't replied since.

"They're probably fine. Maybe she's on a romantic rendezvous." Seulgi was called to their hotel since Lisa was too bored. She was currently focusing on attacking the food she brought.

"Wish someone could just tell me what the hell they're doing out there."

As if on cue, there was a knock on the door. The girls widened their eyes in surprise.

"Hide somewhere. Quickly!" Lisa tried shoving Seulgi into the washroom.

"What if she needs to use the washroom?" The older retorted.

"Bed! Bed! Get under it."

"But what if-"

"The suitcases! I'll just push them in front now and get down!"

Seulgi dropped to the ground and wiggled underneath their bed. Luckily, it was pretty spacious. Lisa made sure she was well hidden before fixing herself and walking to the door.

On the other side was an impatient Roseanne Park ready to jump at her throat for making her wait for so long.

"Finally. I thought you weren't smart enough to unlock it." She scoffed as she stepped inside without invitation to enter.

"Come in, I guess." Lisa shut the door behind them.

"I thought you had a guest." Rosie scanned around the room. "Who were you talking to?"

"Your mo-" Lisa caught her tongue. "No one. I was just thinking out loud."

"You know how to think of things other than pick up lines?" She watched the Thai roll her eyes at her instead of fighting back.

"Are you the moon?" She mocked her line from their plane ride. Lisa winced in embarrassment.

"I only used it because you hadn't opened your mouth that time." Lisa snarkily replied. "If you did, I'm sure I would've switched seats immediately."

"Whatever you say, Manobal."

"Ban."

"Whatever. Where's your beloved best friend? Jennie's still not here and it's really coming down outside. I'm afraid she'll get sick. She can't really withstand the cold."

Lisa could see the worry in her eyes. She was only civil when it came to Jennie it seems.

"I'm not sure. Jin isn't answering his phone." Lisa regretfully informed her. "But I'm sure they're safe."

"She better be." Lisa didn't even flinch at the warning. The blonde's facade was slowly crumbling in front of her eyes. Looking past her walls, her demeanour was no longer as fearful to Lisa. She just sounded like a worried little girl.

"You'll have her back soon, Miss Park. Now if you leave my place, I could finally rest like I had planned." She just politely told Roseanne to get out of her suite.

"Are you kicking me out?" Rosie asked in surprise of her newfound guts.

"Would you like to be officially kicked out? I don't mind putting my hands on beautiful women." Lisa's sultry tone was enough to fluster the blonde.

She pushed Lisa away in disgust and shivered a little. "Stay away from me, Manoban!"

"It's Ban. Manoban." Lisa hollered back as the blonde exited.

"She knows." Seulgi, who had squirmed out from under, informed her of the similarities between the Korean word for foot and her last name.

"I guess that's why Jisoo calls me Manofoot." Lisa nodded in awe. "I thought she just had a foot fetish and had a thing for my feet." She shrugged it off as Seulgi chuckled in amusement.