Chapter 2 💖

(Noor's pov)

I woke up in the early hours of the morning. I was tired and exhausted because I had only slept for 2 hours after the night incident. I wanted to lie back down but instead stumbled to the bathroom to perform wudu for Fajr. I got out and stood on the mat. I prayed to the lord for forgiveness and for help. I prayed for Him to always guide me on the right path and keep me in His protection. After praying, I got dressed in a simple dark blue and red joda with a dupatta covering my head properly and went down to the kitchen. I made breakfast for my aunt, uncle and Arman, my cousin. Armaan was absolutely nothing like his parents. He was kind and helpful. I had always wondered why he was so nice to me. The reason had become quite clear when he had told me that he liked me and wanted to marry me. I had refused because I didn't like him in that way and that even if I did, his parents would never accept that. He had understood and never mentioned it again. I respected him for that. I could tell that he still liked me but I did not reciprocate the feelings so had never given him hope.

I set the table just before my aunt, uncle and Armaan entered the room. My aunt and uncle didn't spare me a glance but Armaan smiled at me slightly. I smiled back before moving back to the kitchen. I was never allowed to sit at the dining table and eat with everyone else. I drank my tea and chewed on the single piece of toast I was allowed to have. Once I was done, I washed my hands and walked back to the dining table. Everyone was done with their breakfast. Armaan had gone to work and my aunt and uncle were sitting in the living room. I started to clean the table and picked up all the dishes.

"Noor!!!" I ran into the living room.

"Jee, Khala?" I said just as my uncle moved towards and grabbed my arm, pulling me towards the front door. He pushed me out of the door and I fell onto the harsh ground, scraping my elbows.

(Yes, aunt?) 

"JAAO YAHAN SE. APNA MUH KALA KARWA KAR AAYI HO AUR AB BHI CHAHTI HO KI HUM TUMHE YAHAN APNE GHAR ME RAKHEN?" He shouted. I frowned, not understanding what he meant. My aunt was now standing beside him with a light smirk on her face. I looked around and saw that many of the neighbors were gathering around.

(Go away from here. You have come here after committing adultery and still want us to keep you in our house?) 

"Kya ho raha hai yahan?" One of the people said.

(What is happening there?)

"YEH LADKI, KAL RAAT KO APNE MUH PAR KALAK MALWA KAR AAYI HAI. AB HUM ISSE YAHAN NAHI RAKHEN GE. BADKIRDAR LADKI. JAAO YAHAN SE." He bellowed as tears welled up in my eyes. Everyone started to look at me with disgust. I got up from the ground and stumbled a bit before handling myself. My aunt threw a bag at me. It was the bag that usually acted as my wardrobe. I took hold of it, fixed the dupatta on my head, and walked through the crowd of people shouting insults at me. I walked until I was out of the neighborhood. I walked for a long time. The day passed by and it was soon night time. 

(This girl, she has come after committing adultery last night. Now, we will not keep her here. Sinful girl. Go from here.) 

I was walking through a narrow street when I heard a whistle from behind me. I ignored it. Then I heard a voice.

"Kahan jaa rahin hai aap?" It was a man's. I didn't look back and continued walking.

(Where are you going?) 

"Aaye hum aap ko chor dete hai jahan aap jana chahti hai." Another man said, his voice sultry. There was a whole group of them. Still, without looking back, I started running. I was panting and frightened. I was alone. I was reached the end of the street and turned left but bumped into a wall. I was even more afraid now. I cowered against the wall. I looked up to the sky and that is when I found myself staring into ocean blue eyes. I had bumped into a man. He was very handsome in the streetlight, with sharp features and a slight stubble on his chin. I warily started backing away when I heard the sound of footsteps behind me. I looked around to see a group of men, moving towards me. I moved back.