Chapter 11 💖

(Noor's pov)

After the encounter with his aunt, Hamza took us to our room and shut the door behind us. His whole demeanor was screaming rage, his hands clenched and his eyes blazing with anger. I had honestly never seen him this angry before, and I couldn't say I liked this side of his.

"Hamza." The one word made him look at me and I could see that he was trying to regain control and calm down. His eyes softened when they met mine and I clasped his hand tightly. "Aap itna gussa kyu ho rahe hain? It's okay."

"No, it's not okay. They were insulting you." He said, a glint of anger still visible in his eyes.

"They are your family. You shouldn't..." I didn't get to finish.

"It doesn't matter if they are family or not. Mujhse bardasht nahi hota ke tumhare bare mein koi kuch bura kahe. They don't know you, and they are saying such awful things about you."

"Exactly, Hamza. They don't know me. They need time to process everything."

"That still gives them no right to say all those things about your character." His hand, the one I was not holding, clenched into a fist. I cupped one of his cheeks and made him look at me. His light stubble tickled my palm as he turned his head.

"I know. But it's okay. We need to give them time. Hmmm?" He looked at me for a while before nodding slightly. I smiled. "Now, why don't we spend some time together? Aap toh hamesha kaam hi karte rehte hain. Apni biwi ke liye thoda waqt nahi hai aap ke paas?" I said that last sentence teasingly, with a pout. A smile finally broke out on his handsome face.

"Hamare paas aapke liye waqt nahi? Aap hi toh hain jin ke paas time nahi hota. Har waqt library mein disappear ho jaatin hain. Hume toh lagta hai ke ek din aap hume chor ke apni un kitaabon se shaadi kar lein gi. Aur phir hum akele..." He stared into space with an exaggerated sigh.

"What can I say? My books hold the most importance in my life." I said shrugging.

"Ouch." He said with mock hurt. I slapped him on his bicep. He clutched it with his other hand and rubbed. He was wincing and moved back towards the bed, sitting down, still holding his arm. My smile vanished.

I hadn't slapped him that hard but what if it was too much? I rushed over to him and gently held his arm, rolling up his sleeve to have a look. I must have hit him really hard by the way he flinched when I touched his arm.

"I'm sorry, Hamza. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Should I bring you medicine or an ice-pack? I really am sorry. Will you ever forgiv..." My rant was cut off when he held my hands and pushed them away from him. He stared at me for a while and then all of a sudden... he burst out laughing. He fell back down onto the bed and rolled to his sides, his laughter booming in the room, making me smile for a second at the rich sound. Then my brain registered the situation and my face flushed in embarrassment.

"You... should have... seen... your face. You... actually thought..." His speech was cut off by his continuous laughter.

"You tricked me. You are so... so..." I groaned when I couldn't complete my sentence. "I can't even think of any bad words to say to you." I turned my head and crossed my arms across my chest, looking away.

He composed himself and sat up, only to fall back down on the bed, this time, pulling me with him. I fell on him, my hands resting on his chest, our faces mere inches away. My breathing quickened.

I tried to get up but his grip was strong and he kept me glued to him.

"Chodein na, Hamza." I whispered. He shook his head.