Chapter 6 💖

(Noor's pov)

I have honestly never seen Hamza as panicked and worried as he was then. After he ended the call, he strode over to me and told me to come with him. He barely gave me time to wear my dupatta, shawl, and shoes and fill my bag with a few supplies before he practically dragged me out the door and into the car. He himself buckled my seatbelt and banged the door so hard that I flinched. Starting the car, he pulled out of the parking lot and drove like a maniac.

"Hamza." I cautiously said. He didn't answer and kept driving with a hardened face, one hand on the steering wheel while the other was fisted and resting on the side. I placed my hand lightly on his.

"Hamza. Please, hume bataaen kya hua hai." I said in the gentlest voice I could manage. He looked ready to snap but one look at my pleading face and he sighed, entwining his fingers with mine.

(Hamza. Please, tell me what happened.) 

"Mere father ka accident ho gaya hai aur unki condition bohot serious hai." His voice cracked, the pain and desperation clearly visible on his face. I tightened my grip on his hand and caressed a thumb over his skin.

(My father has been in an accident and his condition is extremely serious.) 

"InshaAllah, sab theek ho jaaye ga." He simply nodded and whispered a small 'Inshallah' but he didn't let go of my hand throughout the whole ride.

(InshaAllah, everything will be okay,)

It took around 4 hours for us to travel from our house in Islamabad to Lahore, to the hospital where Hamza's father was admitted. Once we reached the hospital, Hamza hurriedly parked the car and we rushed inside. It was then that I realized that I was going to meet Hamza's family. We were in such panic that I hadn't realized this on our way over.

My palms began to sweat and my heart was thumping loudly. I knew that this was a critical time but that didn't stop me from being nervous. What if they didn't like me? What if his parents didn't approve of him marrying me? My mind was racing with endless possibilities but after a while, I learnt to block them. I needed to be there for Hamza and I wouldn't let anything distract me from that.

When we entered the hospital, we moved to the reception and after getting some information, we rushed to the hospital room Hamza's dad was in. Outside the room, I saw two women, one quite young and the other much older, sitting on a bench, hugging each other. I assumed the elder woman to be Hamza's mother and the other one to be his sister by the way he hugged them tight and kissed their foreheads. While Hamza was engaging with his family, I stood silently to the side, watching the exchange.

"Ammi, kaise hua hai yeh sab?" Hamza inquired, pulling himself together.

(Mum, how did all of this happen?) 

"Beta, abhi hume poore baat ka nahi pata. Hamein sirf itna pata hai ki kisi ne tumhare abbu par gun se attack karne ki koshish ki. Unhe bullet laga hai. Wo surgery mein hain aur unke condition bohot critical hai." Hamza's mother answered while tears slid down her cheeks. Hamza wiped them away and assured her.

(Son, right now we don't know the whole situation. We just know that someone tried to attack your father with a gun. He has been hit with a bullet. He is in surgery and his condition is really critical.) 

"Kuch nahi ho ga abbu ko, InshaAllah. Aap dua karein." Then he comforted the young girl who was soon confirmed to be his sister when she called him bhai. The three of them stood huddled together, soothing each other. I was unnoticed until Hamza's sister looked at me and broke out of her brother's embrace. Hamza followed her gaze and beckoned me over. I took small, cautious steps towards them and silently stood beside Hamza, who took my hand in his as soon as I reached him.