Chapter 5 ❤️

(Asfandyaar's pov)

"Ajaaen." I heard ammi's voice call out a second after I knocked on the door to her room. I turned the knob and opened the door, entering the room.

(Come in.)

Inside, ammi was sitting at the dressing table with abbu was half-sitting, half-lying on the bed, a book in his hand and a pair of glasses resting on his nose. Both of them looked up at ne as I entered.

"Aao beta." Ammi said as she turned around in her seat. I walked towards them and stood some distance away from the bed.

(Come, child.)

"Ammi, abbu, mujhe aap se kuch baat karni hai." I said. Abbu put down his book and took off his glasses, fixing his gaze on me.

(Mom, dad, I want to talk to you about something.)

"Haan bolo, kya baat hai?" Ammi questioned, her eyebrows furrowed at my serious expressions. I let out a sigh and opened my mouth.

(Go ahead, what is the matter?)

"Ammi, mein shaadi karna chahta hun." I looked at ammi, judging her reaction. She stared at me for a second before her face spread in a grin and she hopped up from her seat.

(Mom, I wan't to get married.)

"Haye, mera bacha. Meine tumhare mun se yeh lafz sun ne ke liye kitna intazaar kiya. Tumhe pata hai, meine aage hi ek larki apne dimaag me rakhi hai jo..." I cut off her rant.

(Omg, my child. I have been waiting so long to hear those words from your mouth. You know, I have already though of a girl for you...)

"Ammi, mein kisi ko pasand karta hun." She looked at me, stunned for a moment. "Balke pasand se bhi zyada. Mein usse kaafi arse se muhabbat karta hun." I looked at her face and my hopes fell.

(Mom, I already like someone.)(In fact, I more than like her. I have loved her for a long time now.)

However, a moment later, they lifted once again when she smiled at me warmly and walked towards me. She caught hold of my hand. "Kon hai woh?" I looked into her eyes and for the first time, I spoke out the truth that had been buried inside me, my whole life.

(Who is it?)

"Anabia." She looked at me and frowned.

"Kon Anabia?"

(Who Anabia?)

"Hamari Anabia." I saw her face and my jaw clenched. "Aap khush nahi hain?" She looked up at my words, shook her head and smiled. She reached up and ruffled my hair.

(Our Anabia.)(Are you not happy?)

"Kyun, mein khush kyun nahi hun gi? Bas thoda surprise ho gayi thi. Idhar aao, pehle kyun nahi bataya, hmmm?" She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into a hug. I closed my eyes in relief and smiled against her.

(Why wouldn't I be happy? I was just a bit surprised. Come here, why didn't you tell me before, hmmm?) 

"Aap ko koi eteraaz nahi hai?"

(You don't have any objections?)

"Bilkul bhi nahi. Mein bohot khush hun iss rishte se." I wrapped my arms tighter around her.

(Of course not. I was very happy about this relationship.)

"Lekin mujhe eteraaz hai." Abbu's voice made me lift up my head and look at him. Ammi also pulled away from the embrace and turned to him with equal amounts of confusion as me.