Chapter 10 💖

Before you start reading, I would just like to thank everyone who has given their support and feedback to this book. I have reached more success that I ever expected in such a short time. 

I am sorry for updating a bit late. I was feeling a little sick yesterday and therefore, wasn't able to write. 

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

(Noor's pov)

The wind blew through my hair as I stood in the balcony, looking onto the grass that stretched out below me. The stormy clouds in the sky, grew closer, bringing on what would surely be a long lasting storm. I let the cool air hit my face, closing my eyes, breathing deeply and letting my thoughts run wild.

Thoughts of last night crowded my mind. Even though I had been half asleep at the time, I still remembered Hamza's confession. I love you. They were quite simple words, but somehow held a lot of meaning.

I couldn't say they were a complete surprise, though. Hamza had previously implied at various occasions, that he was in love with me. In fact, he had said that he might be in love with me when he first asked me to marry him. But this was the first time he had said the three magic words and the surety that I had heard in his voice, confirmed his feelings. And I fully reciprocated them.

I hadn't mentioned it to him yet, but I knew that I had fallen for him. His gentleness. His protectiveness. His tender caresses. They all portrayed a much deeper connection his soul and mine. A connection so sacred and beautiful that sometimes I doubted that love was a good enough word to describe it.

And I had really wanted to confess to Hamza but I didn't know how to find the right moment to say it. When I had initially realized that I loved him, I had been constantly looking for that moment. But I had soon given up, leaving it up to fate to present me with a good time.

I was lost in my thoughts when I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, enclosing me in their familiar warmth. I didn't have to look back to know who it was. I leaned back.

Hamza and I stood there for a while, watching the rapid approach of the dark clouds and listening to the occasional sounds of thunder that emerged from them. I don't know how long it had been when there was a knock on the door. Hamza placed a light kiss on my cheek and left to open the door. I followed after a while.

Beeni stood at the door. "Bhai, bhabhi, Woh log aa gaye hain. Aap jaldi neeche aa jaaen. They are asking for you." Without waiting for a response, she skipped down the stairs and disappeared out of sight. Since uncle had been released from the hospital, everyone's spirits had lifted, leaving a liveliness in the house that I had never seen before. I was always happy to see that everyone's sadness was gone, especially Beeni's, who was now always jumping around the house as if she was the happiest person in the world. She had also become very attached to uncle and wouldn't let him do anything but rest. She wouldn't let him walk around to go anywhere except to visit the bathroom. It was kind of funny to see her like this but also extremely sweet.

Hamza and I exited the room and went downstairs after I checked myself in the mirror one last time and adjusted my dupatta on my head properly. Hamza seemed amused at my nervousness but I brushed him off. I wanted to look presentable.

Earlier today, Hamza had told me that his family lived with his father's brother and his wife, daughter and son. They had gone on a family vacation and were returning today. I was thrilled to meet more of Hamza's family.

We descended the stairs and entered the living room, where everyone was already settled down, having tea and snacks, busy in conversation. Their talking died down soon, when they saw Hamza enter. His aunt immediately rushed to him and pulled him into her embrace.

"Bache, kaise ho? Itni der baat dekha hai tumhe. Jaldi ghar kyun nahi aate?" She pulled back and slapped his cheeks, a little too hard. I saw Hamza hide a wince and pull off a smile.

"Assalam Alikum, chachi." He murmured, as he subtly tried to free himself from her grip. I bit my bottom lip to hide a smile at his useless attempts. She finally left him after a while and then looked over at me. By now, I was all too familiar with the questioning glance she sent towards me. So, before she could say anything, I stepped forward.

"Assalam Alikum, aunty. Kaisi hain aap?"

"Kon ho tum?" She didn't bother to reply to my greeting and replied curtly. Her voice had suddenly turned cold as she stared at me.

"Hum Noor hain." I replied, my voice, now a bit wary.

"Chachi, Noor meri biwi hai." Hamza continued. His aunt stared at us for a few seconds, glancing between the two of us. Then she burst into laughter.

"Hamza, beta... kya mazak hai... mujhe toh laga tha... ke tum sach bol rahe ho." Her speech was cut off by her continuous giggling. I looked at her, confused and then up at Hamza, who wore a similar expression. Out of all the reactions we had gotten regarding the news of our marriage, this was by far, the most absurd one.

"Chachi, mein sach hi keh raha hun. Mera and Noor ka Nikkah hua hai." She stopped laughing and looked at us. Then she turned around to face everyone else and stared at Hamza's parents who nodded in response.

"Yeh kya ho raha hai yahan? Kaise hua hai yeh sab?" Then she was told a brief recount of our marriage. By the end, she was fuming.

"Yeh kaisi baat kar rahe ho. Hamza kaise kar li tum ne iss larki se shaadi? Tum jaante bhi ho isse? Pata nahi kahan se aayi hai aur kiss tarah ka kirdaar hai iss..." She shouted but she was cut off.

"Chachi, main aap ki bohot izzat karta hun lekin mein apni biwi ki insult bardasht nahi karoon ga. Main Noor ko bohot ache tareeke se jaanta hun and I know that she is a beautiful and pure person." His voice boomed in the room. He wasn't shouting but his voice had lost its usual gentleness. His aunt looked a bit taken aback by his bold answer but didn't back down.

"Mujhe toh nahi lagta ke yeh itni pure hai. Koi izzatdaar ladki aise kisi ko batae bagair kisi se shaadi nahi karti. Aur waise bhi... tumne toh kaha tha ke tum Sarah se shaadi karo ge." I stood there stunned and confused. Who was Sarah?

"Chachi, main aap ko phirse keh raha hun ke Noor ke khilaaf mein kuch bardasht nahi karoon ga. Woh ekbohot izzatdaar ladki hai aur main yeh jaanta hun. Rahe baat apki beti seshaadi karne ki, toh main ne kabhi bhi usse shaadi karne ka dawa nahi kiya. Ab humeiss masle ko yahin khatam kar dete hai. Agar nahi, toh kindly aap mere aur meribiwi se dur rahen toh acha ho ga." With that, Hamza got hold of my hand andwalked out of the room, leaving his aunt staring at his back, with her mouth wide open in shock. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I'm sorry, this chapter was quite short. Next chapter will be much longer. 

Please like, vote and comment your views.

Do tell me if you like this chapter and take care.