Chapter 7 ❤️

(Anabia's pov)

The next day passed in a haste, a flurry of packing and planning and Monday came sooner than expected. However, I was glad to say that it was the first Monday of my life that brought me pleasure instead of the usual reluctance of going back to studying.

It was also the first time I woke up early in the morning, rather than one minute before ammi came to chase me up from the bed. The light of the emerging sun was casting slight shadows on the floor of my room and the sweet chirping of the birds along with the fresh morning air, was flowing through the open window. According to the position of the sun in the sky and the alarm clock resting on my bedside table, it was not more than 6 in the morning.

I yawned and got up from the bed before my brain compelled me to jump right back under the warm covers. Giving the bed one last look of longing, I turned around and slipped my feet into a pair of fluffy slippers before walking to the bathroom.

In the next half an hour, I took a shower and dressed in a casual outfit, a t-shirt, and jeans, tying my hair up in a ponytail. Putting on minimalistic makeup consisting of mascara and lip-gloss, I slipped on a pair of sneakers and deemed myself ready. I moved to the couch, where my bag was placed and checked its contents for the thousandth time in 2 days, just to make sure that I wasn't missing anything for the trip.

I exited my room and went downstairs, humming. Upon reaching the third last step on the staircase, I skipped the steps in front of me and jumped straight to the ground. I grinned when I landed gracefully.

"Bia." A hard voice came from behind me. I froze in my tracks and the smile on my face was gone, leaving not a single trace behind.

I slowly turned around and put on a sheepish smile. "Asfandyaar bhaijaan, aap." He shot me a glare.

"Chot lag jati toh?"

(What if you got injured?)

"Lagi toh nahi na. Dekhen mein bilkul theek hun." I said, spinning around in a circle to prove to him that I was completely fine.

(But I didn't. Look, I am completely fine.)

He fixed me with a glare. "Aisi harkaten kyun karti ho. Kisi din kuch ho gaya na toh..."

(Why do you pull such stunts? One day, if something happens, then...)

"Kuch nahi ho ga. Mein khayal rakhun gi." I cut him off, not wanting to listen to a whole lecture. It was bad enough that he had caught me doing something like this.

(Nothing will happen. I will be careful.)

He sighed in exasperation. "Acha chalo, aa ke naashta karo." I nodded and walked beside him. "Waise aaj suraj kahan se nikal aaya hai? Subha subha uth gayi?"

(Ok fine, come and have breakfast.)(By the way, what miracle happened? How did you wake up so early?)

"Mein trip ke liye late nahi hona chahti. Teachers ne kaha tha ke 8:30 sharp college mein hona hai." I said, remembering the instructions. He looked at me and shook his head.

(I don't want to be late for the trip. The teachers said that we must be at college by 8:30 sharp.)

"Jab trip ki baat aayi toh sab yaad rehta hai. Yahi dimaag padhai mein bhi lagaya karo." I grinned at him as we entered the dining room.

(When it comes to the trip, you remember everything. Use this same brain in your studies.)

Almost everyone was sitting there: ammi, abbu, tayi ammi, taya abbu, chachi, chachu, Ariz bhai and Laiba appi. I went and took my usual seat beside Ariz bhai, and he went to sit beside tayi ammi. Breakfast had already been served and after greeting everyone, I immediately dug in.