Chapter 12 💖

Assalam u alaikum, guys! I know that I haven't posted in a while. I have just been in the process of transferring from online school, back to face-to-face learning and it has been quite a hectic time for me. 

I hope you understand. 

Anyways, enjoy the chapter. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

(Hamza's pov)

I sat on the small table as I patiently waited for Noor to come back from the restroom. I had wanted to accompany her but she refused so I had texted Rasheed to keep an eye out for anything unusual.

When it was around 15 minutes to Noor's departure, I started to panic. I picked up my phone and immediately dialed Rasheed's number, while making my way towards the bathroom. He picked up on the first ring.

"Rasheed, what is happening? Where is Noor?" I was practically running through the cluster of tables in the food court.

"Sir, I got news that there was a ma-" He was cut off by his own groan. I heard some spluttering and coughing. Then everything went silent.

"Rasheed? Rasheed? Where the hell are you?" But in return, the call got cut. I redialed the number but voicemail kicked in. Cursing, I rushed over and pushed open the ladies' room, not caring about anything but Noor.

There was no one there, not one stall was occupied, leaving the room completely empty. Panic rose up inside me. I couldn't think. I couldn't do anything.

Where was she? What had happened my Noor?

I was wasting time by standing here. The longer I stayed here, the further Noor went from me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. It didn't do anything to sooth the panic and worry inside me but I was able to clear my mind and think.

I opened my eyes and started looking around the bathroom, for any kind of evidence. Any kind of indication to what could have happened to Noor.

My eyes feel on one of the cubical doors. It had a small piece of white cloth stuck to the handle. Upon closer inspection, I could tell it had been accidently ripped off a bigger piece of cloth. Taking out a pair of gloves and a plastic sample bag to place the small cloth in. I always kept these kinds of supplies on me, even if I was not on duty.

One look at the cloth, and I knew what it was. Noor had been kidnapped.

I could not be sure but I had a hunch that the cloth was doused in chloroform. The kidnapper, most likely Ali, must have made her fall unconscious.

After placing the white cloth carefully in the bag, I looked around for any windows but there was only one which seemed to be untouched by the sheet of dust resting on it. Still, I looked outside and saw that the street was busy and full of people.

And that confirmed my other suspicions. I was looking of any means of escape from the bathroom. Obviously, no one would be able to walk right out of the bathroom door with an unconscious women with them and get away with it. Especially in a mall full of people. Same could be said about escaping from the window. So the escape was made inside the bathroom.

Somewhere here, there was a secret escape. Just as I was about to confirm my search, I heard the door open. Turning around, I readied myself to punch Rasheed or one of the other guards for being so careless. To be honest, I wanted to punch myself too. I should've gone with her. I shouldn't have let her go at all. I had been too careless. I shook my head to clear my head.

Looking at the door, I saw that instead of one of the guards standing there, I saw a scared-looking girl. She looked to be quite young, probably 11 or 12. She looked troubled.