Chapter 5 💖

I woke up the next day, wrapped up in incredible warmth. I squinted my eyes open to stare at a hard, toned chest. My eyes widened. He was not wearing a shirt. He had been wearing one last night before sleeping. I looked around and saw the shirt tossed messily on the floor. His bare skin against mine was making shivers run down my spine. I turned around, trying to remove the weight of his bulky arm from my waist. It seemed to be an impossible task, though. I tried again. He groaned in a husky voice and snuggled into my neck. His warm breath was hitting my skin, making it tingle. I decided that it was no use and gave up, closing my eyes again.

The next time I opened my eyes, it was to the feeling of feathery kisses all over my face. I looked up to see my husband leaning over me looking at me lovingly. He smiled and pecked my forehead before getting back up.

"Jaao aur fresh ho jaao. Main breakfast bana raha hon." He smiled once more before walking out of the room. I groaned when I realized I had missed Fajr. I have almost never slept through Fajr over the last couple of years so this came as a surprise.

(Go and freshen up. I will make breakfast.)

I got up from the bed and went to get ready. I took a shower, changed into a single joda with some basic jewelry and walked out of the room. I headed towards the kitchen to the sight of my husband standing in front of the stove with his back to me, frying some eggs. He was dressed in a simple t-shirt and pants with an apron covering his front. He put the eggs in a plate and turned around to place them on the table when his eyes fell on me. His lips curled up into a warm smile and beckoned me over. I slowly walked towards him.

"Hum help kar dete hain." I offered.

(Should I help?)

"No need. Mein kar raha hoon. Baith jaao." He said placing a jug of juice on the table. I sat down on one of the chairs. "Tea or coffee?" He asked.

(No need. I am doing it. Sit down.) 

"Tea." He nodded and placed a cup of tea infront of me with a plate of toast. He turned the stove off, untied his apron and sat opposite to me. He started buttering his toast. I also forwarded my hand and got myself something to eat. I finished a piece of buttered toast and wiped my hands on the napkin. Hamza stared at me with astonishment and confusion. He looked as if he was waiting for something to happen. When I did nothing, he picked up another piece of toast, buttered it and placed it in my plate.

"Eat!" He commanded.

"But I already ate." I replied, getting confused.

"What do you mean? Is that really all you are going to eat?"

"That's how much I usually eat."

"Why? You should be eating more than this for breakfast." I looked down onto my lap and thought of how little I was allowed to eat when I lived with my aunt and uncle. Hamza noticed my quietness and lifted my head by pulling on my chin. My eyes met his. "What's wrong?" His tone was wary and tender. I averted my eyes, uncomfortably. "Noor, idhar dekho aur batao mujhe kya baat hai." I didn't look at him but slowly whispered.

(Noor, look here and tell me what's wrong.)

"J-jab hum apne uncle-aunty ke ghar r-rehte the, toh hume woh zyaada khaane ke liye nahi dete the. Iss liye hume itna khaane ki aadat nahi hai."

(When I used to live in my aunt and uncle's house, they wouldn't give me much to eat. That's why I am not used to eating so much.) 

"No wonder you are so underweight." He murmured under his breath, almost inaudible. Then he spoke in a louder voice. "Hey, Noor! Meri jaan, dekho meri taraf." He was almost pleading. His endearment made my heart warm up and I slowly moved my gaze towards him. "Ab tum un sab buri yaadon ko bhool jaao kyunki mein chahta hoon ke meri Noor ab hamesha khush rahe. Hmm?" I nodded. He smiled and leaned forward, picking up the toast in my plate and bringing it to my mouth.