Chapter 14 💖

(Hamza's pov)

The loud explosion sounded from outside the door but it didn't surprise me in the least. In fact I had been waiting for something of the sort.

Ali was startled, that much could be seen from his facial expression. This was where I had to jump in. I immediately tried to shoot him but he saw the danger and pulled Noor towards him. But he pulled her too hard and she hit her head on the metal railing of the bed.

She lifted her hands to her head and started sliding, down towards the floor. I wanted to go to her but Ali had already started to raise his gun towards me. He looked over towards Noor, maybe for confirmation that she had passed out and that split second gave me the chance I needed.

I immediately aimed and shot a bullet into Ali's leg. He lost his grip on his gun, making it fall to the ground and started staggering down, himself, only seconds later. I quickly grabbed his fallen gun and left him, knowing that he was in no condition to attack or escape. Besides, my men would be here in a matter of seconds. They had been the ones to cause the explosion outside.

I hurried over to Noor and crouched beside her, taking her into my arms. Her body was limp and she was unconscious. But I thanked Allah that her heartbeat was still quite steady.

I gathered her in my arms and got up from the ground. Turning around, I saw that my team was emerging from the open door. I found the main officer among them and walked to him, an unconscious Noor still in my arms.

"Take care of him. Don't let him escape. Treat him and put him under the best guard you have. Then we will decide what we want to do with him." I said, gesturing towards Ali, who was laying on the ground, groaning in pain.

"We will take care of it." He replied. I nodded once and rushed out of the room. Walking down some corridors and turns, I reached the opening to the house.

As expected, a car was already waiting outside, with the engine started and the driver in place. I immediately sat in the back seat.

"Hospital chalo. Jaldi karo." The driver nodded slightly and accelerated the car. I looked down at Noor's slumped figure. Her face was pale, and her appearance was disheveled. I lay her carefully down on the seat, her head in my lap. She didn't move but her chest was still heaving with slow breaths.

After what seemed like hours, we reached the hospital. I quickly got out of the car and rushed inside the emergency section. The lady at the reception saw Noor's situation and called upon a nurse.

They brought a stretcher and I gently laid Noor down on it. They rolled her into a nearby room but when I tried to follow, one of the male nurses stopped me.

"Aap andar allowed nahin hain. Please yahan wait karein." I nodded and he disappeared into the same room where they had taken Noor.

I took deep breaths, but try as I might, I could not calm down. Pacing outside the room, I waited.

After a long time, the door to the room finally opened and the doctor walked out and came to me.

"Are you with the patient in Room 10?" He asked.

"Yes, doctor. Kaisi hain wo?" I asked, panic rising inside me.

"She lost a lot of blood from her head wound but she is stabilized now." He informed me.

"Is she awake? Can I see her?" My voice sounded tense as I spoke.

"She is awake and yes, you can meet her but please be careful. Try not to talk about anything negative with her. Just be gentle." I nodded towards him before practically running to the hospital room Noor was in.

When I entered, I saw Noor laying on the bed with a nurse standing beside her, taking note of her vitals. Noor's eyes were closed, her breathing steady.

"Noor." I whispered when I reached her bed. She fluttered her eyes open and looked at me with her beautiful hazel orbs. A small smile touched her lips and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I rushed over to her and gently pulled her into a hug. Tears clouded my eyes as I hid my face in the crook of her neck.

Out of my peripheral vision, I saw the nurse leave to give us more privacy.

Sobs started to rise up my throat and tears slid down my face. Noor's gentle hands cupped my cheeks and she pulled slightly, making me look at her. Her thumbs caressed my cheeks, wiping away my tears and a frown occupied her forehead.

"Aap ro kyun rahe hain?" Her soft, angelic voice reached my ears and I looked straight into her eyes.

"Mujhe laga tha ke maine tumhe kho diya." I chocked out the words, before kissing her forehead and once again, pulling her into a hug. She placed a small kiss on the top of my head and hugged me tightly to her. Sobs still wracked through my body and I kept looking up at Noor to make sure that she was not just a dream.

She smiled at me and caressed my face. "Ab to rona band kar dein. Ab toh hum aap ke paas hain."

"I just missed you so much." I whispered against her.

"Hume aap se dur rahe ek din se zyaada nahi hua aur aap aise react kar rahe hain jaise hum saalon ke baad mil rahe hain."

"Woh ek din saalon ke barabar hi tha." It had honestly felt like the longest time period of my life.

"It is all over. Everything is going to be fine now." Noor whispered in my ear. Then she moved forward and slowly placed her lips on mine. I poured all my passion and desperation into the kiss. I pulled away after a while and looked her straight in the eyes.

"I love you, Noor." I spoke with all honesty, keeping her close to me.

"I love you, too, Hamza."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I know, it is a very short update. I am sorry. I will try to update soon and make the next chapter longer.

Hamza's and Noor's story is close to its end and the next chapter might be their last. It is all making me very emotional.

Anyway...

Please follow, vote and comment your views.

Do tell me if you like this chapter and take care.