Chapter 4 ❤️

(Third person pov)

Anabia and Asfandyaar walked into the cafeteria of the floor, their hands still joined, unconsciously. By the amount of people that were present there, it seemed that they had reached right in the middle of the lunch break.

Eyes followed them as they walked in, some filled with surprise while others, with traces of jealousy, directed towards Anabia, at the relaxed look and faint smile that her presence brought on Asfandyaar's face. He was a man known to always put on a mask of indifference and firmness, for the rest of the world and it was envious for some to see, that a certain person's presence could have such an impact on his attitude.

As always, Anabia was lost in her own world, oblivious to the various pairs of eyes gazing in her direction, as she led the two of them to an empty table for two in the back. A couple of people turned around to continue staring at them but one sharp glare from Asfandyaar made their head turn right back.

When they reached their table, Anabia sat while Asfandyaar went to get the food. Anabia sat there for a while, examining her surroundings but the boredom took soon over, and she pulled out her phone from her bag.

(Anabia's pov)

I was going through Instagram when something popped up in my head and I immediately started to scroll through my contacts. I swiped on the correct number and pressed the phone to my ear. I waited for a few seconds but when no one picked up, I sighed and cut the call, putting the phone down on the table.

As if on cue, I saw him heading back to our table with our food. He placed the tray down on the table and took a seat while I immediately dug in. I was unpacking my chicken wrap when I heard him speak. "Kis se baat kar rahi thi?"

(Who were you talking to?)

"Baat nahi kar rahi thi, ammi ko call karni thi. Unhon ne call hi pick nahi ki. Maine unhe nahi bataya ke main yahan aayi hun."

(I wasn't talking to anyone, I was calling mum. She didn't pick up my call. I haven't told her that I am here.)

"Koi baat nahi maine chachi se baat kar li thi." I wondered when he had talked to her, since he was with me the whole time. I didn't bother asking, much more concerned with my food.

(Don't worry, I already talked to aunty.)

"Maine unse trip ke baare mein bhi baat karni thi." I said, before taking a bite.

(I also wanted to talk to them about the trip.)

"Tumne chachi se abhi tak baat nahi ki?"

(You still haven't talked to aunty?)

"Aap ke baghair unki ijazat thori milni thi." I said, taking another bite.

(Without you, I would never get her permission.)

God, was I hungry!

"Aur tum mujhe manane yahan aa gayi?" He said, a smile spreading on his face.

(And you came here to convince me?)

"Toh aur kya." He shook his head and let out a light laugh. My gaze left my food and shot up to his face, my eyes filled with surprise and awe.

(Exactly.)

He usually didn't show any kind of emotion and him laughing, was a once in a blue moon thing. And he looked good while laughing, too.

Apparently, I wasn't the only surprised one, because various other eyes around the cafeteria, trailed on him. The chatter had died down and a lot of people were now staring towards us.