Chapter 4 💖

Before you start reading, I would just like to thank each and every person who has given their support and feedback to this book. You are all amazing.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

That is how it all the started. We went to lunch the next day and the days after that. We got to know each other better.

I told him about my dream of being a cardiologist, I told him about the fire accident and how I lost my parents. He told me that he worked as a police officer full-time and that he lived alone here while his family lived in Lahore. The more I got to know him, the more I liked him. And so one day when we were having breakfast at a café, I told him that I was ready for the Nikkah. He looked thrilled and I was too. He was a good person and he had grown on me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Qabool hai."

(I accept.)

"Qabool hai."

(I accept.)

"Qabool hai."

(I accept.)

And so on a fine Friday, we got connected in the sacred bond of a Nikkah at a local mosque with Hamza's friend, Zawaar and his wife, Aiman, as the witnesses.

Afterwards Hamza took me to his flat and left me there to get settled with Aiman while he went with his friend. I was nervous. I mean, I had grown to love his company but I was still a newly wedded bride and was getting the wedding jitter. Aiman was a great person and helped me into Hamza's room where I sat in an embroided, but not too heavy, dress. I sat there in the middle of the bed, waiting for my hours old husband.

(Hamza's pov)

After my idiot friend finally let me go to my room, I turned the knob and opened it to have my breath caught at the scene before me. My hoor sitting on the bed in a simple red dress, that made her look extravagant, with her head lowered and her hands fidgeting. She looked so unreal. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that she was now my wife.

I locked the door behind me and walked towards my hoor. I reached the bed and gently sat down on the edge. Holding her chin between my thumb and forefinger, I made her look at me. Her eyes were shinning with shyness as she stared back into my eyes.

"MashaAllah. You are looking absolutely beautiful." I told her. She lowered her gaze and a blush covered her cheeks. I moved closer and pulled her into a soft hug, caressing her hair. She stiffened at first but then relaxed and snuggled slightly into my chest. After a while I moved back; I saw her eyes closed and blush deepened.

(Noor's pov)

I opened my eyes to see Hamza looking at me with adoration in his eyes. He was looking extremely handsome in a black kurta and matching pants with his hair as messy as always. I whispered a small 'MashAllah' under my breath to protect him from all evil.

He held my hands in his and kissed them before taking out a box from his pocket. He opened it and pulled out a gorgeous ring to slide on my finger before kissing my hand again. I could feel the flush on my cheeks. I most likely resembled a tomato by now. I had never been this flustered in my whole life.

He gently left my hands and cupped my cheeks. He leaned forward and placed his warm lips on the cold skin of my forehead. My eyes fluttered shut and I enjoyed the feeling. We stayed like that for some time before he moved away to peck each of my cheeks.

"You should change. I will go and freshen up in the guest room." I looked at him before averting my gaze and nodding. He got up, pecking my forehead once more before leaving the room. I went to the bathroom and changed into a simple t-shirt and sweatpants. I came out after doing my business and sat down on the bed. A few moments later, Hamza entered looking extremely... hot in a black t-shirt that showed his biceps and gray sweatpants. His hair was wet from a shower and he looked fresh. He moved to the bed and grabbed a pillow before turning around.

"A-aap kahan jaa rahe hai?" He turned around upon hearing my voice and smiled at me before pointing to the couch in the corner. I looked at my hands that were resting on my lap.

(Where are you going?)

"A-ap uncomfortable h-hon ge. Bed per h-hum dono so sakte hain."

(You will be uncomfortable. We can both sleep on the bed.) 

"Are you sure?" He asked in a concerned voice, indicating how much he cared about my comfort.

"Jee." He walked closer to the bed and laid down on one of the sides while I laid down on the other. We laid there on our respective sides for a while in silence. I sensed that he was holding back from doing anything so that I wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

(Yes.)

After a while, I gathered up the courage and moved closer to him before hesitantly holding his hand. He looked at me, surprised at my bold move. He overcame his shock when I removed my hand, thinking that he didn't like it.

He moved closer to me and wrapped an arm around my waist and hid his face in the crook of my neck, making me shiver. 

My breath hitched when he placed a feathery light kiss on my neck before snuggling in, further. His closeness was making my stomach erupt with butterflies. I focused on his even breathing and closed my eyes before letting sleep overtake my senses.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Please follow, vote and comment your views.

Do tell me if you like this chapter and take care.