Chapter 3 💖

(Noor's pov)

I spent the next few days in the shelter. The people there were really nice. I got a proper bed to sleep in and was also provided with several meals a day. In return, I had to sew some clothes so that they could be sold and the money could go to charity. Although I had never sewed anything in my entire life, I was a quick study and I worked hard to help as much as I could.

One day, I left the shelter to go to the shops for some necessities. I had some savings from my job at the school and had enough money to buy a few things. I left the shelter at around 6pm. Since it was summer, the sun was still up and it was not dark. I had left the shops and was walking back to the shelter when I heard something crash.

I looked over to my right and I saw a man on the ground with a fallen motorbike beside him and another motorbike down the street. It seemed as if the motorbike down the street had hit the man, making him fall off. The man was lying on the ground restlessly. I hurriedly rushed over to the man and looked at him carefully. He had been lying face down but upon feeling my touch, he looked up. I found myself getting lost into the beautiful and captivating blue eyes that I had dreamt about and missed so much over the past few days.

His gorgeous face was marred with several scratches and blood was oozing out from his head. I took off my dupatta and wrapped it around his head, all the time looking into his ocean eyes.

(Hamza's pov)

I stared into her deep hazel eyes as she took off her dupatta and wrapped it around my head. He dark brown hair tumbled down her back. I was surprised at her actions. She had always had a dupatta covering her head properly so that not a single part of her head was visible and here she was taking it off to help me. I was still staring at her when I heard her angelic voice.

"Aap ko hum hospital le jaate hain." She said, looking me with concern. I shook my head.

(We should go to the hospital.) 

"Nahi iski koi zarurat nahi hai. Paas mein mera ghar hai. Mein wahan hi chaloon ga." She nodded her head and helped me stand up. Then she wrapped her jacket tighter around her to hide herself before helping me walk while keeping the dupatta on my head. I had turned off my bike and put it aside. I would come and get it later. We walked while I told her the way to my house. On the way, she grabbed some bandages and ointment from a pharmacy and gently bandaged my head. I was so mesmerized by her. Her eyes, her voice. She was like a hoor. A beautiful, breathtaking hoor. I was feeling something I had never felt before. When we had first met, I had wanted to hide her and protect her from the world. I had wanted her to stay with me so that no harm could ever reach her. I think I fell in love with her.

(No, that's not needed. My house is nearby. I will go there.) 

We walked to my house and I stopped by the door. I looked at her and she stared back at me. I didn't want her to leave. I wanted her to stay with me, forever. And so I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind.

"Aap mujhse shaadi karein gi?" I looked, as her eyes widened in surprise. I mean, I was surprised myself at what I had said but I was not going to back down now.

(Will you marry me?)

"H-hum..."

"Please, main aapke saath rehna chahta hoon. Aapko ab wahan shelter par rehne ki koi zarurat nahi hai. Mujhe lagta hai ke mein aap se mohabbat karne laga hoon. Aur mein aap se Nikkah karna chahta hoon." I said sincerely, in the gentlest voice. She looked confused.

(Please, I want to live with you. You no longer need to stay at the shelter. I think I am starting to love you and I want to marry you.)  

"Main jaanta hoon ke ye bohot sudden hai. Lekin mein aapko kush dekhna chahta hoon aur aap ki har mushkil aasaan karna chahta hoon."

(I know that this is really sudden. But I want to see you happy and I want to ease away all of your troubles.)

"H-hume kuch waqt chahiye." She looked at me with uncertainty.

(I need some time.)

"Zarur. Aapko jitna waqt chahiye aap le sakti hai. Main ek hafte mein aapka jawab shelter lene aa jaoon ga. By the way, my name is Hamza." She nodded and looked down with a slight blush on her face.

(Sure. You can take as much time as you want. I will come to shelter in a week to get your answer. By the way, my name is Hamza.)

"Hum Noor hain." My breath caught at her name.

(I am Noor.)

"Noor!" I whispered the name. It felt so right coming from my mouth. Her blush deepened.

"Allah Hafiz." She said before turning around to leave.

"Allah Hafiz." And then she was gone. I stared at her back until she disappeared into one of the streets. I went inside my house with her constantly on my mind.

(Noor's pov)

To say that I was shocked by his proposal, would be an understatement. I mean I barely knew him but I still felt safe whenever I was with him. He was very sincere and seemed genuinely nice. It had been a week since he proposed and I was pondering over my answer. I couldn't say I loved him yet but there was something about him that told me that he would never harm me. So, after much thought I had decided to say yes. 

I was currently cleaning my room, sweeping, and dusting it. I was making my bed when I heard a knock on the door. I looked back to see a girl enter the room.

"Aap se koi milne aaya hai." She said and turned to leave. I was confused. Who would come to meet me? I had no one. I walked out of the room and went to the guest room. My breath hitched to see him standing in the middle of the room. His back was to me but I could recognize him anywhere. He looked around, as if sensing my presence.

(There is someone here to see you.) 

"Assalam Alikum."

"Walekum Assalam." We stared at each other for a while and I walked towards him. We both sat down on the couch, him staring at me and me gazing down. We stayed like that for a moment before he spoke.

"Kesi hain aap?"

(How are you?)

"Hum theek hain. A-aap kese hain?" I replied.

(I am good. How are you?)

"Main toh bilkul theek hoon. Aap ka jawab sunne ka muntazir hoon." I didn't say anything. "Toh kya aap karein gi mujhse shaadi?" He asked in a gentle voice.

(I am completely fine. I am looking forward to your answer.) (So, will you marry me?) 

"J-ji." I looked up at him as I told him my answer. I watched as his face spread into a beautiful grin and he got up.

(Yes.)

"Chalein phir. Hum abhi chalte hai." He said.

(Let's go then. We can go now.)

"A-Abhi?" I asked, a bit surprised.

(Right now?)

"Ji. Kya aap delay karna chahti hai?" He asked with a frown.

(Yes. Do you want to delay it?)

"Nahi lekin I barely know you." His face lit up with understanding.

(No but I barely know you.)

"Theek hai, phir hum kuch din ek doosre ko jaante hai. Kya aap kal mere saath lunch pe chalein gi?" He asked.

(Ok, then we will spend some time getting to know each other. Will you go to lunch with me tomorrow?)

"J-ji." 

(Yes.)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Please follow, vote and comment your views.

Do tell me if you like this chapter and take care.