chapter 4 - something is wrong

Tessa's POV:

Kimberly is coming to New York today and I am so thrilled to have her. I have missed her so much and except Landon, she's the only one I can vent to. We're meeting after months and I cannot wait for us to gossip, get drunk and cry about our lives.

Hardin has gone away for the weekend, I am still not on speaking terms with him after he left me alone in the cinema. It was such an emotional movie and I didn't know if I was crying about Will and Stella's or my own destroyed love life.

It's around 10 in the morning and after finishing the chores and getting ready, I head out for the airport. My phone rings and Hardin's name appears on the screen. He's not the first person I wanna talk to today so I ignore it and move on with my day.

Kimberly asked me not to bring a sign for her at the airport and I exactly did that. I hold up a board saying 'Kimberly Vance' that I prepared just last night. Hardin would never let me do this so I took advantage of him not being here.

I spot her coming outside the gates and she breaks into laughter seeing that sign. Her face really lights up the whole mood.

"Tessa!" she comes running in her heels and wraps her arms around me as I do the same.

"Oh Kim!" I hug her tighter.

We are interrupted by a man who is tapping on my shoulder, wanting to hand me the sign I threw in his face when Kim came.

"I'm so sorry, thank you" I take the board from him and he leaves after giving me a sympathetic smile.

We laugh and get in the car, after loading all her luggage in the backseat of my car.

"I missed you so much" she says getting in the passenger seat.

"Me too" I look at her and we both exchange a smile.

We talk and talk and talk about stuff till we get to my apartment. It was a half hour drive which turned into an hour and half because of New York's traffic.

"So have you been to the doctor yet?" she asks as we enter the apartment. She has been insisting on me to go to the doctor because I've been falling sick a lot lately. But I think it's because of the climate change and I don't need to visit a doctor.

"I haven't. I'm fine now it just comes and goes" I tell her, half lying by saying that I'm fine.

"You should really visit him once at least. Just wanna make sure it's nothing severe because you look so pale" she sighs, pushing the hair behind my face.

"It's just been a stressful week" I bite my lips together in a line, trying not to breakout so early.

"It'll be fine, I'm sure" she gives me her best smile. "I'm starving ugh, what you got in here?" she enters the kitchen, already making her feel home which I admire.

We settle down for breakfast and keep talking. I tell her all about the stuff going on with Hardin and like an advice queen she is, she suggests that I treat him the way I'm being treated. And she's not wrong, Hardin should get a taste of his own medicine.

"You know," she says taking a bit of her toast. "I am telling you, these men will always come to you sooner or later. Without their wives, they can't live" she shrugs and I laugh.

"True but I am waiting for it. Work is Hardin's wife now" I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"I know it's hard, but I just know he'll come back to you because hello? He's Hardin. Even if I take you with me for a week, he'll come running to get you" she chuckles as if it's a fact.