chapter 30 - all too well

Hardin's POV:

Satisfactory sleep. Something that feels like ages since I have met with. I woke up with a small smile knowing how good we slept last night. After our little rendezvous at the beach, instead of fucking then and there, we decided to do something different. We sat there, looking at the beautiful scenery in front of us. I watched her watching everything with so much fondness. She took in the beach's beauty while I took in hers.

I look over at her sleeping soundly, no wrinkled forehead or anything to ruin her sleep. The only contradiction, her fucking loud snores that don't even seem are coming from her. It's weird how she sleeps through that noise because it sure as hell startles me awake.

Only because she looks so darling every second she breathes is that I can ignore all this snoring. I continue adoring her beauty when she turns to me in her sleep and puts her leg on my hips, along with her arm around me too. She sighs a deep breath, taking a pause from snoring, and then starts again. I laugh to myself and shift closer to get comfortable with her.

I am just glad that this trip has already turned out to be diverting.

After a few minutes when she takes her weight off me, I slowly turn her away, not disturbing her sound sleep at all. If I didn't had to piss so bad, I would never leave that bed and her but I cannot control my fucking bladder now can I.

Now that I am out of bed, I think to myself that instead of joining her again, I could go make us some breakfast or see if the caretaker is here yet.

I quietly shut the room door and make my way downstairs. After almost tripping down the abnormal stairs, I realize how problematic or dangerous it is for Tessa to get up and down from these. I almost tripped, and she is even carrying a bump now. God forbid if there's a slip of foot, I don't want to imagine what would happen then.

"Good morning" I am greeted by Landon standing at the kitchen counter, sipping the beverage in his hands.

"Morning" I pour myself some coffee from the pot kept there.

"Didn't expect you here this early in the morning" he glances at the large clock hanging in the living room and then back at me. The stress of 'you' in his voice is very clear.

"Why not" I sigh and sit down on a stool pulled out opposite of him.

"I mean-" he clears his throat before saying what I think he is going to. "I thought you might be tired from the night activities" he covers his mouth from the cup while saying that, making sex seem like illegal here.

"It's you who has got to be tired" shake my head and continue sipping the coffee, terrible coffee.

After Tessa fell asleep, I wasn't that tired to doze of with her so I stayed up writing some material that popped in my head out of nowhere. But I had to force myself to sleep when Nora and Landon's moans and grunts became loud and clear in our room, making me the most uncomfortable I've ever been.

"The walls between our room are very thin, you know" I exaggerate and he coughs, understanding exactly what I mean.

"Look man-"

"You're a married man Landon, not my 16 year old son that you have to explain anything to me" I roll my eyes at him playfully and he sighs a relief sigh, his shoulders relaxing back,. But he's still hoping I wouldn't have heard anything, not more than me ofcourse.

"Yeah yeah" he scratches his eyebrow and I notice him thinking hard to find another topic to talk.

"So you're having a girl" he shifts back looking happy and satisfied from the topic he chose.