chapter 27 - unprogressive

Hardin's POV:

Week 20. We're halfway through and I still am not able to tell Tessa about what doctor Elliot said. I cannot bring myself to even think about telling her that. I have no idea how she is going to react. Plus she has been pretty weak these 3 weeks, now that she's finally feeling better and somewhat normal, I have to tell her. I don't know how but I have to.

I have had almost no sleep, thinking about all this. My concentration in work is nowhere to be found. Tessa agreed to listen to me for the first time and is not leaving the house for work or anything. She works from home too, that too very less.

"The thing that excites me is that we'll get to know the gender at this week's appointment" she pats my hand while surfing through something on the TV.

"Yeah me too" I try to sound enthusiastic for her, not sure I succeeded.

The gender. She has been nagging me about it for weeks but somehow it slipped my fucking mind that we're gonna find out at this appointment. If we find out what we're having, it will just make it more and more difficult for what might come.

"When is the appointment again?" I ask her, hoping to get some time to figure something out. Even though I have no idea what.

"Thursday" her eyes haven't left the tv screen once, for which I am thankful because I just know she might be able to tell if something is troubling me.

"Tessa today is Wednesday" I look at my phone screen and she snaps her head at me.

"What?" she asks in disbelief. One cannot blame her for not being able to keep track of days if she hasn't left the house in weeks. "Thank you" she chuckles in amazement. As if saying what we might do if I hadn't made her realize.

She turns over and gets closer to me, surprising me by getting on top of me and sitting on my legs. She shuts my laptop and tosses it aside, thankfully not breaking it. The look in her eyes tells me exactly what's on her mind.

Without a word she slowly climbs up my body and stops when her face is centimeters away from mine, I am partly grateful for her horny mood, which is definitely going to take my mind off things.

Not so harshly, I toss her over so that now I am top of her and remove my t-shirt from above my head.

"You can't throw me now" she laughs, helping me undress and then herself.

"Always can" I practically shove my tongue inside her mouth and she responds as aggressively, her fingers locking in my hair.

"Will you-" a moan escapes her mouth when I make my way to her neck, my favorite spot. "Will you go slow?" her voice comes out as a mere whisper.

"No" I tease and continue nibbling her skin, which is always her weak trait. I think I am going to make her wait now that I know she's so eager, I will stay in the top half for a while. Until she begs me.

"Hardin" she chuckles as I bury my face in her neck while also unbuttoning her bra.

"Y-you'll stop me if I don't go slow?" I whisper, and notice that my voice has changed husky.

"Uh-huh" she nods, slipping her hands in my boxers. This woman is really surprising me right now, in the best way possible.

"No you won't" I slightly press her nipple between my thumb and index finger and she takes in a sharp breath.

"Oh try me" her breath shudders and her eyes roll back, I know this makes her feel good. Slightly painful, but good.

"Stop talking" I plead and grip her both hips with my hands, my mouth tasting her skin like I haven't ever before. Her stomach is coming in between, I cannot press my body against hers, it is slightly annoying but it won't stop me from doing my job.