Chapter 8

Y/n's POV

Zari moved all of her stuff in today and Nate was jealous. I was in the library reading some book because I was bored than Nate walked. "Dr. Heywood." I say with a nod letting him know I see him.

"Hey Dr. Lance." He says, I chuckle.

"You can call me Y/n." I say and he smiles.

"Well than Y/n, call me Nate." He says, I nod and go back to reading. He grabs some books at sits down. He goes behind me but I don't think anything of it, he turns to steel and wraps his arm around my neck and chokes.

"Gi-Gideon!" I shout. I keep tapping his arm, he keeps choking me and Sara runs in, she sees this and pulls Nate off me. I gasp for breath, Zari runs in and rushes to me.

"Are you okay?" Zari asks as she holds my face in her hands, I nod.

"What the fuck was that for?!" I ask Nate, he just smirks. "What?" I ask him and rub my neck.

"She started it." Nate says, I look confused.

"What? I was just reading, we were having a normal conversation, I called his Dr. Heywood and he called me Dr. Lance. We both decided to let each other call each other our first names. I was reading then he started choking me." I tell them and Zari hugs me and buries her face in my neck.

"Not true!" Nate says, he tries to come closer and I flinch. Sara sees this and pushes Nate away. "Gideon!" Nate shouts.

"Dr. Heywood is telling the truth." Gideon says, I look confused and shocked.

"What did you do to my AI?!" I ask him, he just smirks at me. "I didn't do shit." I say.

"No you started attacking me for no reason." Nate says, I just look at him and shake my head.

"I'm going to fix Gideon." I say and stand up to walk towards my room. When I walk in I sit down at my desk. "Gideon don't let anyone is unless it's Zari." I tell her.

"Of course Creator. Sorry about earlier, there is nothing I can do about it." Gideon says, I sigh.

"It's fine Gideon." I tell her and work on fixing her, I go to the camera footage and call Sara to my room. When she gets there I press play and she watches us talk then he walks behind me while I'm reading and chokes me.

"Damnit." Sara sighs, I look at her and shake my head.

"Listen, you don't have to kick him out or anything. I'll keep my distance and I'll speed away next he comes near me." I tell her, she nods.

"Okay, but if he does anything let me know." Sara tells me and I nod, she walks out and Zari walks in. I lay down on the bed and sigh. Zari lays down with her back facing me on her phone, I turn on my side and wrap my arm around Zari's waist and pull her against me. She smiles and turns around putting her face in my neck and wrapping her arms around my torso while mine go around her chest and neck.

"I love you so much." I say and start to tear up, I bury my head in her neck while she has her in my shoulder and chest.

"I love you too, so much." She tells me, I smile and sniffle. She pulls back and wipes my tears, she gives me the smile I love so much. I stop crying and we go back into the position from before and I cuddle into her neck. Sara comes in, and smiles when she sees us.

"Y/n. Can you run tests on me, I want to find out what powers I have." Sara asks me.

"Sure." I say and she smiles. I try and get up but Zari pulls me back, "Baby you have to let go." I tell her and Sara smiles.

"No." Zari whines and cuddles into me more.

"If you don't let go I will pick you up and take you with me." I tell her, she still doesn't let go. I sigh, "One second Sara, wait in the lab." I tell her, she nods and walks off. "Do you not want to leave my side because of Nate?" I ask her, she nods. "That's okay, can you just on my back so I can work?" I ask her, she nods, and I smile at her.