Chapter 18

Y/n's POV

I wake up in the new home and I look down to see Zari sleeping on my chest. I smile softly and gently slip out from under her, I get dressed and grab my lap while sitting down at my new desk in the corner of the room, I look over the screen to see Zari still sleeping.

I open my email and go into my emails. My company doesn't need that much managing so I'm going to look for a job, the Legends are fun but I need something else.

I look at my contacts on my phone and I call an old friend from my intern year. "Hey Meredith." I say.

"Y/n! Hey! What can I do for you?" Meredith asks me, I smile.

"I was wondering if I could get job at Grey Sloan?" I ask her, she squeals.

"I'll talk to Bailey." Mer says and I chuckle.

"The Nazis is the Chief? I knew that would happen!" I say and she laughs.

"Yeah, I'll ask her about it. She'll call you. What specialty?" Meredith asks me, I smirk.

"Mer, you know me. I mastered all of the specialties." I tell her and she chuckles.

"Okay, bye Y/n/n." Meredith says, using my nickname from my intern year.

"Thanks Mer, bye." I say hang up.

I look over at Zari and smile while thinking of our future. I go back to work to sort out everything for my company, a few hours later I get a call. "Hello, Y/n Lance speaking." I answer.

"Hello Lance." I hear Bailey say, I smile.

"Hey Dr. Bailey. Long time so see." I say, she chuckles.

"Yeah, I was calling because you wanted to talk about a job?" Bailey asks.

"Yeah, starting a civilian life with my wife." I tell her.

"Congratulations Y/n. Well I have an offer for you." Bailey says.

"What would that be?" I ask her.

"I make a custom specialty, because you are good at all of them so you would work with all of them. You would get double the money of a normal surgeon." Bailey explains, I'm shocked.

"Really?" I ask her, just to clarify.

"Yes, really. What do you say?" Bailey asks me.

"Can I get a day to think about it, I would have to talk to my wife who is still sleeping right now." I tell her and she chuckles.

"Yes, you can have a day or two to think about it. Just give me a call." She says before hanging up.

I continue to work on my company and things while I wait for Zari to wake up.

I look up and see Zari stirring, I smile before getting up and walking over to the bed. "Hey." I whisper and she flustered her eyes open and smiles at me.

"Hey." Zari whispers back.

"I have some news." I tell her with a big smile.

"Okay, tell me during lunch." Zari says after looking at the clock, I nod and get up, walking down stairs.

I order something to eat because we have to go food shopping for the new house. Zari walks down in just my shirt and panties. I smile at her and the doorbell rings.

I walk over and get the food while thanking the guy. I close the door before locking it and turning around to look at Zari who is sitting at the table waiting.