Chapter XI: Searching for nothing

The next day, Chaeyoung was lucky enough to not catch a damn cold. She was wise enough to change to comfortable clothes after taking a warm bath.

But, today.. she'll be back at work. She can't do anything with it, she already agreed and all. Besides, this is an opportunity for her. Her boss likes her, her co-workers too, they always find her company.

She's starting to wonder what made them so eager to have her back, she hasn't even spent half of her vacation time. And now here she is, getting ready to go back to work. Chaeyoung guessed that maybe being on top of your expertise has a down side after all.

Chaeyoung fixed her collar, and buttons her sleeves up. She's back at her everyday routine, apparently.

She sighed as furrowed her brows when she saw the mistake she'd done; the damn tattoo.

"We were just talking about our breakfast then, i couldn't believe you lied." She can't do nothing about it anymore, the best thing to do now.. is forget about Mina.

Everything about Mina, should be forgotten. Bury it at the very back of her brain, and let it stay there forever.

Mina doesn't look like the type of person who'll make games like this, but unfortunately maybe she is. Chaeyoung haven't tried to dial the number again, she has no more intentions too, her mood went really crashing down when Mina didn't answer.

"A random number, just.. just a random number. A random number of a random person." Chaeyoung chuckled bitterly, thinking how ironic it is.

Mina is somehow still a stranger, but she gave her full trust and effort to ink the digits on her skin, she's not even sure if it's legitimately the girl's number.

She sighed once again, she can't remove the tatt yet. She has work to do, maybe tommorow, or the next day, who knows, actually.

There's no time for overthinking, she had done it last night. She already did the worst overthinking she could possibly do, this isn't the great time, no.

"Focus, you need to focus you idiot." She scolds herself as she grabs her phone and slipped it inside the pocket of her coat.

"This should mark the day of moving on stage." She said, and after realizing how dumb that is.. "Ah, fuck.. Sana would laugh her ass off if she heard that." She giggled, and for the first time after the incident happened. She finally laughs, a real laugh. And it's thinking about Sana.

She shook her head, furiously. She slapped her face, quite.. furiously too. She needs to wake up. Why is she thinking about Sana all of a sudden?

"I'm going nuts, Sana was right-" she slapped herself again. It's Sana inside her stupid mind again.

"Ah!" She groans. She slapped herself, and now she's in pain. Emotionally and physically.

She searched for the mirror inside her bathroom. She stared at her reflection. "Damn, i look like I've got beaten." She touched her cheek, and it's sure red.

"Get it together Chaeyoung! What will i tell my boss if he asks?"

--

"Chaeyoung, my girl!" The old man yelled, that caused heads to turn her way.

Chaeyoung sighed but flashed a smile. "Geez boss, you don't need to butter things up. I'm already here, willingly." Chaeyoung points out, slight pronouncing the last word louder, internationally.

"You're still the same as ever, you and your dry jokes." The mab laughs, "Anyway, i heard that you and Ms. Chou are getting along well. I saw her once with your papers last time, reading it. Like she's preparing for exams." The man talked and talked, and Chaeyoung couldn't care less. But when she heard Tzuyu's name.. she somehow gave her attention.