Chapter XX: Sweet as cherries

Mature content ahead

Chaeyoung side eyed once again, she can't just pretend that there's nothing going on with the girl beside her. Tzuyu had been scribbling inaccurate circles and mindless hearts on a piece of scratch paper.

And it sure left a worrying thought inside Chaeyoung's head, thinking that Tzuyu might've gone crazy.

What's wrong with her?

Chaeyoung tries to get her attention by nudging and elbow at her, "What's with the ugly smile?" She asked.

"Ugly? What do you mean?"

Chaeyoung could just think how unbelievable this is. Tzuyu isn't even aware that she's been smiling like that in about an hour already. "You're smiling like a creep, what happened to you? Did i missed something?" Chaeyoung squints her eyes, suspecting.

"It's nothing. Anyways, boss said you could ditch work by now.. why are you still here?"

Way to go to avert the topic.

"You want me gone? Wow, I'm deeply hurt Tzuyu." Said Chaeyoung as she gasps in a very unrealistic way.

"Goodness, this moron." Tzuyu mumbles.

"What?!"

She clears her throat as she clears her statement. "It's not like that, I'm just asking if why are you still working even though you got the greenlight. Isn't that what you wanted?"

That's been part of the plan, Chaeyoung will help till everything is fine. Well, everything is great now.. the workers around her seems to got a grip already.

She's free to go, but she chose not to.

"Yeah, but.. I don't know what to do if i leave. I'm afraid it'll be all bars and girls, then girls and bars, it's getting repetitive.  It's getting boring and i hate it." Chaeyoung sighed, she already forgot about teasing the younger as she's deep in her lonely thoughts again.

Tzuyu saw the hint of bitterness in her face, but she decides that Chaeyoung just needs a bit of boost. "Then start off fresh, stick with one girl."

Chaeyoung lowly chuckled, "Impossible, who would've want me?"

Tzuyu thinks, then she looks around. As if she'll foung someone that would want Chaeyoung right away.

But as impossible and cliche as you think it is, someone did show up like it was planned.

"Her?" Tzuyu points a finger that's directing over the glass walls.

"Who?"

Chaeyoung looks behind her shoulder, and she swears she almost choked on her saliva. She thinks that Tzuyu can't be serious, out of all places, of all time, and of all people.. why does Sana have to walk across the bank that she's working at?

What the fuck?!

"You're joking right?"

Tzuyu looks at her, unamazed. "No, I'm not. Do i look like I'm messing with you?"

Yeah, she's right. She ain't messing around.

But she kept that thought to herself and talk the opposite, "You always do. And besides, her temper is way too much.. I'm not surprised if she suddenly throw an axe at me." Chaeyoung went straight to her working spot and sat abruptly on her swivel chair.

"Then throw the axe back." Tzuyu chimes in as she follows the latter.

She ain't giving up on this one. She doesn't want Chaeyoung to be left behind, when there's a pretty obvious chance that she still can find her person.