Chapter XII: Simply Unbelievable

Tzuyu stiffled a laugh, "You know her don't you?" She asked.

Chaeyoung remains to pretend clueless, "Huh?" The older frowns.

But Tzuyu isn't taking this lousy segway that Chaeyoung is trying badly to pull off.

"The woman, you know her. That's why you're like freaking out moments ago."

"Who? What? No, i don't know her."

Tzuyu thinks it's so dumb to say it like that, it just became more obvious than ever. Chaeyoung couldn't dare to lie, and that's what Tzuyu learns today.

"Hmm.." she hums, and she swears Chaeyoung rolled eyes at her. "I'll just pretend that i didn't notice."

"Here we are." The car stopped, Tzuyu looked around.

Right, the animal rescue center.

"Smooth." Tzuyu mumbles, Chaeyoung just shrugged and gets into business.

The window went down, revealing a view of a man in uniform. Chaeyoung waves her hand, to gain the man's attention, somehow. "Uhm.. sir! Can i ask something?"

Tzuyu moved back a little, so that Chaeyoung will be more visible to the man's eyes. Considering her height, Tzuyu almost laughed just thinking about it. How can she make fun of her sunbae lie this, she shook her head.

"Yes ma'am, sure." The man uttered with a pleading smile, "Have you seen this dog somewhere?" Chaeyoung nearly shoved the phone at Tzuyu's face, good thing, Tzuyu dodges.

"Uhm.. i didn't ma'am, sorry." The man apologized, "Oh, okay.. thank you." Char sighed right after, disappointed.

"How unfortunate." Tzuyu said, with a low sad tone. But both of them knows it's a teasing gesture from what happened earlier.

Chaeyoung starts the engine, "Oh please.." stepping on the gas, the car goes. "We should head back now, it's almost time." Tzuyu said. Since they didn't successfully really done anything today, going back to work is the least thing they could do.

"As we should. But wait, aren't you starving? Because i am." Chaeyoung said,  Tzuyu felt her stomach growls after that.

"If it's free then, I'm in."

About a few minutes, Chaeyoung parked a car near a convenience store near the bank where they work at.

"I'll be back." And with that, Chaeyoung left Tzuyu in her car. Fetched some food and some drinks too, she decided to grab sandwiches and sodas, the ones who are easy to eat while in a car.

"Thank you." She took the paper bag, holds it with her right hand. She walks as she puts her wallet back in her pocket.

"Holy shit-" she felt an impact right at her left leg, a kid bumped into her. "Sorry, sorry ma'am!" The child apologized endlessly and from the looks of it, Chaeyoung seemed to know who's the running kiddo is.

"It's you." Chaeyoung smiled, she has no clue why she did that. But she did. She never knew seeing a kid you saw a few days ago will lit something inside her.

"Unnie?" The girl quizically looked up and stared at her.

Chaeyoung kneels with one foot, managing to have the same eye level of the kid, "Hi. What are you doing here?" She softly asked.

"I'm looking for my aunt." The kid answered enthusiastically, oh how she wants to be that energetic and inoccent again. Life just ruined her badly.

Chaeyoung tilts her head, "Your aunt? Why would your aunt be here?" She asked the kid question after question.

The kid giggles, "I'm just guessing unnie, i didn't saw her at our favorite bakery, so I'm hoping that she might be here."