Chapter 2

Genesis

Loud music assaulted my ears as Mia and I crossed the threshold entering the house Nate shared with Brooks and two of his other teammates Lucas and Royce.

The place was packed, teeming with bodies clustered together in every corner of the house.
My nostrils filled with the pungent scent of weed as we stepped farther into the house.

Some guy held out a drink to me as we passed by. I rolled my eyes, yeah like I'm going to take that, I always made my own drinks at parties I don't play that shit. Bypassing him we stepped into the living room, where the music was loud as hell I could feel the floors vibrating beneath my feet.

"Come on, Nate said he's in the den," Mia shouted near my ears so I could hear her better over the loud music.

Clasping my hand, Mia linked our fingers together leading the since she's been here several times. We weaved through the maze of dancing bodies several heads swiveled in our direction giving us appreciative looks as made our way to the den.

We spotted Nate right away as we entered the den, he was leaning a walk talking with a group of people I recognized some of them from Mitchell's last week.

As if sensing her presence his head snapped up his gaze landing in our direction or more specifically on Mia. A smile slowly overtook his face until he was full-blown smiling his white teeth contrasting nicely against his smooth dark skin.

Pushing off the wall his gaze remained fixated solely on Mia as he strode toward us. When Mia was within reach, he grabbed her around the waist pulling her against his chest. He lowered his head until their lips met in a deep kiss.

"Damn, Mia you trying to kill me by wearing that dress," he told to her as he pulled away from her face his eyes roaming her body in appreciation. I could tell she was smiling without seeing her face as her body melted into his.

I don't know who she was trying to fool by that whole we're not serious crap she's been trying to feed everyone.

Nate's eyes lifted from Mia connecting with mine over her shoulder. "Hey, Gen I wasn't sure you'd come tonight I thought you might stay home and read one of your kinky romance novels," he said with a teasing grin.

I made the mistake of leaving my kindle on the coffee table in our living room while Nate was over one night. I left on the book I was reading at the time, which happened to be a reverse harem book right in the middle of a sex scene and his nosy ass just had to read it. He's been teasing me ever since. Like I gave a shit I'm not ashamed.

I rolled my eyes. "You know should read one maybe it'll teach you a few things," I quipped.

Nate just stood there seemingly unfazed by my words his usual smile still plastered on his face. "I don't need any help in that department, Right babe?" he questioned smirking down at Mia.

"You know you don't," she grinned up at him before standing up on her toes whispering something in his ear that caused him to grab her ass. 

These two are beyond shameless, I cleared my throat. "So, are you two going to stand here the entire night groping each other?" I asked dryly.

"Don't hate," Mia said averting her attention away from Nate toward me.

Chuckling, Nate released Mia from his embrace gripping one of her hands he intertwining their fingers together. "Come on, let's go," he said pulling on Mia's hand and leading us in the direction of his friends.