Chapter 11

Brooks

Tonight was a total shit show. We almost lost to the fucking Panthers our first near loss of the season, and to a team, we could've easily destroyed in our sleep.

Thank God we pulled it together in the second half and won the game. Although it's not a win we're celebrating especially after Coach Milton chewed us out about our nightmare performance out on the field tonight.

It was hands down our worst game of the season. I don't know what the fuck happened to the team that's been dominating this season. Playing the best we've ever played but instead tonight we looked like a bunch of fumbling idiots out on that field.

I can't help but shoulder some of the blame because my head wasn't in the game tonight.

My head's been fucked since Gen texted me earlier to say she couldn't make it to my game. That's it no explanation. I don't know I just felt off about the whole thing because Gen's not the type to flake out on something.

So I called her after I got her text but the call when straight to voicemail only raising my suspicion.

Something was wrong.

I was distracted and I let it affect my game. And that's something I never let happen.

And it wasn't just me, Nate also played like shit tonight. I assumed it has something to do with Mia he's been in a shit mood since he arrived earlier.

He stormed into the locker room, anger rolling off him in waves. Nate is normally pretty even-tempered but he has his moments. He left like ten minutes ago in an even shitter mood than before.

"Heyward, you coming with us to Mitchell's?" Lucas shouted from the other end of the locker room pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Nah I'll pass," I told him pulling my t-shirt, followed by my hoodie over my head.

"Bro since when do you pass up an opportunity to go to Mitchell's?" Cooper Monroe a cornerback chimed in. And he was right a month ago I would've gone with guys drink a couple of beers and fucked some random girl against the bathroom wall.

But in the month since Gen and I have been hanging out, I've been spending whatever little free time I had with her.

"Since today," I shrugged.

"You know come to think of it I've rarely seen you at any parties or Mitchell's in a while," another teammate said.

"That's because he's always hanging out with Gen," Lucas said wearing a shit-eating grin that I wanted to knock off his face. "Some of you remember Gen right she's Nate's girl, fine as fuck roommate."

I going to kill him, fucking Lucas can never keep his mouth shut.

Several heads swiveled in my direction Lucas's statement. I saw some of their eyes flash with recognition.

"Nice, you're fucking her?" Levi Anderson piped up looking over at me as he dried his blonde hair with a towel.

Levi was an asshole, I mean we all can be an asshole at times, but out of all my teammates, Levi was the one I disliked the most.

A smug smirk formed at the edge of his lips.
"Maybe when you're done with her you can pass her onto me so I can have a taste."

Maybe it was the stress of the game or Gen not answering my calls that added to the fact that I couldn't stand the way he was talking about her. But before I could stop myself I launched at him anger flooding through my veins as I slammed him into the lockers.

"You better watch your fucking mouth, Anderson," I snarled.

Levi lifted his hands in the air his eyes widen in shock. "What the hell, man I was just fucking around."