Chapter 6

Genesis

I was taking the last tray of chocolate chip cookies out of the oven when the doorbell rang. Resting the hot tray on the kitchen island, I took off the oven mitts dropping them beside the tray.

Leaving the kitchen I made my way through the living room and towards the front door turning the doorknob I pulled it open revealing the last person I thought would be standing at my door.

Standing in all his six feet, four inches glory was Brooks Heyward. He looked gorgeous as usual dressed in a pair of light-washed jeans with the knees cut out and a black and white Nike hoodie and sneakers.

His black hair looked tousled as if he was repeatedly running his fingers through it. His piercing ice-blue eyes looked as bright as ever even on the dimly lit front porch as he peered down at me.

His name fell from my lips before I could stop myself as I shifted in the open doorway.

"Hey," he greeted his full lips pulling into a charming smile that I was on the receiving end of last night.

"Hey," I said in return. "What are you doing here?" I asked confused as to why he was standing on my front porch.

Pulling one of his hands out of the front of his hoodie he held something out to me. It took me a few seconds to realize that it was my inhaler. "You left this in my room last night I figured you might need it back."

I took the inhaler from his outstretched hand my fingers brushing against his. Up until this moment, I didn't even realize that it was missing. "Thanks, how'd you know where I live?"

He shrugged sticking his hand back in the front of his hoodie. "I dropped Nate off one time after practice."

I nod my head that makes sense. I looked down at the inhaler in the palm of my hand, then back at Brooks when a thought popped into my head. "You know you could've given this to Nate, to give to Mia it would've saved you the trip."

"That's true but I don't mind it's a short drive and I wanted to see you."

"Why?" I asked genuinely confused.

"Honestly, you've been on my mind constantly since you left my room last night. So when I found your inhaler tonight it gave me the perfect opportunity to come to see you."

"Ah, so you bringing me my inhaler wasn't a purely altruistic move on your part you had an ulterior motive," I joked but I couldn't help the giddy feeling that bubbled inside me at his words.

"Guilty," he joked back a smile spreading across his face.

I'm not going to lie one part of me was thrilled that I'd made such an impression on Brooks that he can't stop thinking about me. But the other more rational side knew that I was probably on his mind because he wants to fuck me.

"And what is your ulterior motive? Getting in my pants?" I asked tilting my head to the side as I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Are you always this direct?" he questioned.

I shrugged my eyes still locked on his. "I don't see the point in beating around the bush," I replied.

"And what if I did?" he stepped a little closer to me. "Want to get in your pants," he said repeating my words.

I sighed. "Look brooks, It's not a secret you've fuck half the female population at Hainsworth and....," his laughter cut me off.

Shaking his head he smiled at me. "That's a gross exaggeration it's a big school. Half's a lot a quarter maybe but not half," he replied with a teasing smile.