Chapter 17

Genesis

"Do you think Brooks will be at the party tonight? I've been dying for a repeat of what happened at that frat party last semester," my head snapped in the direction of the voice landing on a group of four girls standing a few feet away from me.

I watched as one of the girls with honey-brown skin and thick curly hair laughed. "You're shameless Remy," the girl said her eyes locked on one of her friends with shoulder-length sandy brown hair who I assume must be Remy. "But I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you, he has been MIA at parties lately."

"Plus I saw him at the county fair last week with some girl and it looked like they were on a date," one of the girls said joining the conversation.

"Yeah I saw them too and she is unbelievably stunning," the last girl chimed in receiving an eye roll from Remy.

"I'm sure it was nothing," she shrugged as a salacious smile formed on her lips "And even if he was, so what? A guy having a girlfriend has never stopped me before," she laughed, and her friends giggled oblivious of the fact that I was standing a few feet from them.

That fucking bitch!

I wasn't ignorant of the fact that Brooks had sex with a lot of girls on this campus. Hell, this wasn't the first time I heard girls talk about their sexual exploits with him and what they wanted to do with Brooks Heyward. I didn't care before but it's different now that he's my boyfriend.

"Ignore them," Eliza told me drawing my attention away from the girls. "Those are how the football groupies are and Remy is a known football groupie she fucked a lot of guys on the team.

"That's what you did? learn to ignore them?" I questioned.

"I do now," she paused a smirk tipping her lips. "When Royce and I started dating this girl cornered me at a party and proceeded to tell me how Royce fucked in a bathroom at a party one time."

"What did you do?" Mia chimed in looking at Eliza expectantly. "Because my anger issues could never."

"I punched her in the face," Eliza confessed and a shocked laugh fell from my lips I couldn't imagine Eliza punching anyone in the face.

Mia crackled. "I didn't know you had it in you, Liz," she said bumping her shoulder into Eliza's.

"I didn't know what came over me one minute I was staring at her smug face and the next thing I knew she was flat on her ass holding a hand over her eye," she met my gaze again her hand coming to rest on my shoulder squeezing lightly before she continued.

"I'm not saying you have to hit every girl that utters Brooks's name but when they come at you with some bullshit because trust me they will. These girls can be vicious. You have to put them in the place and show them you're not a pushover. Otherwise, they'll think they could walk all over you.

I get what Eliza was saying. Make no mistake I may be a little reserved but I'm no pushover.

"Look he's coming," one of the girls squeals. I looked up and saw Brooks, Royce, and Nate heading in our direction his black hair damp from the shower he must have taken while he was in the locker room.

His face lit up with a smile when his eyes landed on where I was standing.

I returned his smile as giddiness bubbled inside me. Tonight I finally came to my first football game, and I have to say I had it good time. Granted I didn't know what the hell was going on most of the time but Eliza and Mia did their best trying to explain the game to me.

What I enjoyed was seeing Brooks in his element, and I loved the energy of the crowd, how everyone chanted and roared especially when our team won the game.