Chapter 16

Brooks

I lightly brushed my fingers against Gen's smooth cheek. I've been watching her sleep for the past five minutes like some kind of stalker. She mumbled something nonsensical in her sleep before she rolled away from my touch, pulling the entire blanket with her as she faced the next direction.

I chuckled softly when I left her standing in that hallway at Mitchell's I never thought we'd end up here this morning.

When Tabitha kissed me last night for a split second I thought maybe I should let it happen, maybe I should kiss her back. Then take her up on her offer to go back to her place. But in the end, I couldn't because she wasn't the girl I wanted. Since the night of my birthday, Gen had captured my attention and had held it ever since because no girl could compare to her.

No one had her unique blue-green eyes or her smile, they didn't scrunch up their nose whenever they laughed. That was why I turned down every girl that had approached me in the last month. This is the longest I had gone without sex in years.

When I saw Gen standing in the middle of Mitchell's last night for a moment I was happy it was like I thought her up and there she was.

The reasons I came up with for trying to distance myself in the last week after I left her house that morning didn't matter anymore. But then I felt my heart drop into my stomach when I saw the look on her face and the way her eyes pinged between Tabitha and me. Because I knew what she saw and I knew I was well and truly fucked.

She could barely look me in the eye when I tried to talk to her and though she tried to hide it under a cloak of indifference I could see the hurt in her eyes.

She then proceeded to ignore me the entire time we sat with our friends opting to focus her attention on that fucker Liam instead.

I never had a problem with him until last night. I wouldn't go ask far as to say we're friends or anything but he was Lucas's friend and we've all hung out together a couple of times. But last night all I wanted to ram my fist in his smiling face.

Then it took all of my control not to kiss her when we were arguing in the hallway last night. I've never she Gen like that before, she was fuming, and fuck if didn't it turn me on.

But I made a promise to myself, that the next time I kissed Gen it would be when she was mine.

I had to force myself to walk away from her when every cell in my body was screaming for me to stay but I already said everything I had to say. What I needed was for Gen to come to me and finally own up to her feelings. And a few hours later she did.

My thoughts wandered to everything that happened after we went up to my room last night. I had to stifle a groan as the memories came flooding back. The hungry way we kissed, the breathy sounds she made when I kissed her neck, and the throaty moans that fell from her lips when I fucked her with my fingers.

I felt my dick stiffen beneath my boxers as I remembered the way she sucked my dick into her warm mouth, swallowing down my cum.

Fuck! I wanted to stay in bed with my girl and have a repeat of last night but I had to get ready for practice.

My girl, I liked the sound of that.

A month ago I was adamantly against relationships, I was content to continue fucking my way through the girls on campus. Yet here I was and I couldn't be happier.

I brushed a gentle kiss on Gen's warm shoulder before I reluctantly hopped out of bed and made my way toward my bathroom to shower.

After I was finished showering I change before  I made my way back to the bed where Gen was now laying on her back sprawled out like a starfish. Her curly hair fanned out across my pillow.