Chapter 20

Genesis

I jerked awake to a loud ringing sound echoing through the room.

Ugh, what the hell was that?

Brooks groaned next to me but otherwise remained sleeping. I glanced in the direction the sound was coming from, my eyes landing on Brooks's phone lighting up on the nightstand beside him.

Who could be calling him at this hour in the morning?

Switching on the lamp next to me, I looked over at Brooks, who was sprawled out on his stomach, a sheet covering his naked body from the waist down while exposing his bare muscular back.

"Babe," I shook his shoulder as his phone stopped ringing. "Wake up, it's your phone," I told him but he didn't move, so I shook him again. "Brooks."

"Ugh, I can't baby I think you broke my dick," he grumbled causing me to choke on a laugh.

Brooks and I both had an extremely busy week, with both of us having papers to turn in and Brooks with practice every day, plus an away game in Pittsburg that he just got back from tonight. We only saw each other briefly on Wednesday when both of us had a short break between our classes and so we decided to meet up at the coffee shop on campus.

The last time we were alone together, was at the party at his place last week when we had sex for the first time.

So when he showed up at my door earlier tonight, we were on each before he could even properly step inside.

We fucked for hours with a few breaks in between until both of us passed out from exhaustion about an hour ago. I never had so much sex in one night, I guess I was making up for all the years I went without.

"That's not why I waking you, perv. Your phone was ringing," as the words left my mouth the phone started up again. Lifting the blanket, I wrapped it naked chest before I stood on my knees, stretching my hand out across Brooks and snatching his phone off the nightstand.

Brooks rolled onto his back, awake now as he peered up at me with sleep-filled eyes. "Who is it?"

Looking down at the screen, I saw the name Emma lighting up the screen, and my body instantly tensed. Why was his sister calling him at one in the morning?

"It's your sister," said looking down at him. He quickly sat up becoming more alert, the relaxed look that was on his face seconds ago was gone as he took the phone from my hand. He swiped his finger across the screen before pressing the phone to his ear.

"'Em, what's going on," he answered. "Slow down I can't understand what you're saying," he instructed her and I watched as his body stiffened, as he listen to what she was saying.

"WHAT!" he shouted sounding murderous, before he jumped off the bed and rushed over to his clothes which were laying in a heap in the middle of my bedroom floor.

I hopped off the bed and followed after him, carrying the blanket with me. "I'm coming Em," he said to his sister as he frantically gathered his clothes while propping up the phone to his ears with his shoulder.

"Brooks, what's going on?" I asked as I came to stop in front of him. My mind was racing with the possibilities of what could be wrong with his sister.

"Em and two of her friend snuck out and drove up to Hainsworth to attend an Alpha Phi party, and she was talking to this guy who got a little handsy, so she went looking for her friends but the guy followed her, and he got aggressive and she fought him off and locked herself in the bathroom. He was pounding on the door and threatening her, but after a while, he left but she's too scared to leave in case he's waiting for her," Brooks relayed the situation to me, in rapid-fire, his voice getting angrier the more he spoke as he pulled his sweatpants up his legs.