Chapter 1

"Let's go Madison!" my mother yelled up at me from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming." I yelled back taking one last look at the empty bedroom, that now only had a bed, desk and dresser. The walls were bare, my closet deserted, and the bed was unmade. This will be the last time I would be in this room till winter vacation.

I would be instead living at school. In a dorm house a little two bedroom house with a kid I've never meet before.

I grabbed my backpack that held my laptop and camera and walked down the stairs to the living room and out the front door. Running out of the house behind me came my little sister Riley. I smiled and bent down to her level.

"I'm gonna miss you." She said holding her stuffed rabbit close to her. "I'm going to miss you to." I said and picked her up to hug her. "Can I have your room while your gone?" She said. I gasped, acting like I was both shocked and hurt.

She giggled as I hugged her again. "Listen be good for mommy okay." She nodded her head and put her down. I kissed the top of her head "Don't forget me." She said running back up to the house where my grandmother was waiting to watch her.

I waved to my Grandmother who I already said bye to and climbed into the passenger seat, buckled my seat belt and rolled my window down. My mother climbed in the drivers seat and started the car up.

"Ready?" She asked smiling. I took a deep breath and nodded my head. I put my ear buds in and turned on my music to shuffle and Anthem Lights mash up of Wake Me Up and Big Brother' flowed into my ears.

I opened up an empty journal my grandmother gave me as a goodbye gift and pulled my knees up to my chest to use my legs to lean on as I wrote.

'My grandmother keeps encouraging me to write down my thoughts so here goes nothing. My names Madison Lynn Gray. I'm 15 years old and I'm moving to a new school thats hours away from my home town.

My mom thought it was better for me since I was bullied pretty bad at my old school. There another interesting thing you should know about me I guess. I'm not really good at this am I?'

My mom hit a pot hole (AN-a small hole in the ground) causing my pencil to fly a across the page, leaving a long curvy line going down the page. I sighed and closed the book.

________

"Is this the place?" My mother asked pulling up to a small tan house, a large oak tree stood in the front yard.

I looked at the paper of information. "Yes, house 37." I said. My mom unbuckled and turned the car off. I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and took a deep breath.

"Don't be nervous baby girl, you'll be alright." I nodded my head and shakily unbuckled. As I got out of the car I noticed a dark gray minivan already in the driveway.

I let out a breath and walked up the front porch steps behind my mom. We both walked into the house, using the keys I was givin a few days ago.

When we walked in, we were in the living room. The house was an open concept with a little window island dividing the kitchen and living room.

It was small and already furnished with black couches and chairs. There was a small TV hanging up on the wall near the door.

I turned around and there were a few boxes at the bottom of the stairs. A laddie walked down the stairs followed by a boy that looked about my age.

I looked at my mom and she looked back cunfused. "I thought you were rooming with a girl?" She whispered to me. I shrugged as they got to the bottom of the stairs. They both looked at us the at each other.