Chapter 21

Matts Pov

Cameron dropped me, Riley and Shawn off at our house and i walked in with a tired Riley in my arms.

I walked up the stairs and into my room. I put Riley down and walked over to my dresser. I took out an old t-shirt and gave it to Riley.

"Tomorrow we will go back to your house so you can get your cloths." I told her starting to walk out of the room.

"Matt?" i turned around "whats up?" "Whens mommy coming back?" i walked over to her and sat down on the bed.

"Uh i don't really know. but until she gets back you can stay here." She look down and looked sad. "Hey your mom will come back soon don't worry. Now let me see a smile." I said smiling. She gave me a small smile.

"Alright now go get changed." I told her. She walked over to the bathroom and shut the door. I laid back on the bed.

I looked up at the wall at my poster a fan sent me from when i was doing Vine. I thought I should start doing vine again.

The bathroom door opened and Riley came out with her close and waring the shirt. It looked like a huge dress on her. "This is really big. Your a really big guy."

I smiled. "I guess i am." She walked over to the dresser and put her close on the top. But she had to stand on her tippy toes.

I smiled. "You can stay in my bed for now." I said moving the blankets for he to get in. She climbed on the bed. i put the blanket over her. "night kido." I said and walked over to the dresser and picked up her close. I than walked over to the door.

"Light on or off?" i asked. "On please. Im scared of the dark." I left the light on and shut the door. I walked to the guest bathroom and put her cloth in the washer.

"Its amazing what your doing for that little girl." Shawn said sitting on the couch as i walked down stair. "Yeah well its only till her mom comes back." I said moving the pillows.

"How are you doing with the whole thing with Maddie?" Shawn asked. "I don't know man. She was like a sister to me. We didn't know like everything about each other but we still knew each other. You know?"

"Yeah i guess so." Shawn said. "I got to get to bed so." Shawn got up and walked up stairs. I grabbed a blanket and laid on the couch.

I was just thinking when i some how fell asleep.

___Next morning___

I woke up to talking in the kitchen. I walked in and saw Riley sitting at the island with Shawn's girl friend cooking on the stove. Riley had a huge smile on her face.

Thats the first time i ever saw her smile. Than Riley saw me."Morning Matt." She said. I smiled and sat next to her.

"Hey Matt I came over and Shawn was asleep and than i saw Riley awake and she was hungry so i thought i should make pancakes. I hope you don't mind." She said starting to get worried.

"Sky its fine i promise you." I said. She smiled. Sky put two pancakes on each plate and gave them to us. "Thanks Sky." I said and started to eat.

Shawn came down stairs. "Why are you people up so early." Shawn said sitting down. "Dude it 11 in the morning its not that early." I said. "Oh well its early for me." He said.

Riley and i finished our food after about 10 minuets. "Alright Riley why don't you go get ready." I said. "Alright." She got up and walk over to the stairs.

"Hey uh can you guys take her to the park or something so i can go by their apartment and pick up some cloths for Riley?" i asked. "Sure why not." Sky said. "thanks."