Chapter 5 - Norse books

The team was slightly drowsy the next morning considering the late night. Of course, other than the super soldiers and god who were up and ready for the day. There was a soft pattering of rain outside as breakfast aroma seeps slowly into the hall.

"Good morning," Anna greets Tony first who jumps in fright.

"Oh, so yesterday wasn't a bad dream," he slumps against the counter as others emerge. "So, what's your job?"

Anna looks up with a smile, serving everyone, "I am Y/n's lady in waiting, I do whatever she wishes for me to do,"

"And what's that like?"

"Annoying at times, Y/n is the most stubborn of the lot," it seems food was never ending no matter how much Pietro tried to finish it all. "Also the most negative, Thor is obviously second,"

"Mhm," Thor rolls his eyes as Bruce chokes on his scrambled eggs. "My brother is not as bad as he seems when around Anna," the god explains.

"Because he is utterly, infuriatingly, annoyingly and pathetically in love," you yawn from the hall.

"Shut up, Y/n," Loki hits his shoulder with yours making you bury a small dagger in his side. "Hey!" He groans.

"Hi," you stick your tongue out before grabbing some food and leaving to your room again.

"Okay, now I can see why they're twins," Nat mumbles.

"That's how it feels," Thor chortles as Loki clutches the wall, healing himself as best as possible.

"Morning, Doctor Strange, sir," Peter greets the sorcerer who's eyes glance over everyone.

"Morning, kid," he walks to the kitchen to make himself some coffee. "I hope you have a library Stark,"

"I don't know," the Billionaire shrugs.

"Two floors up," Clint says through a mouth full.

"I didn't know you could read," Pietro tilts his head in confusion, dodging a mug flung at him. "Assault!"

"We don't have any magic trick books, though... I don't think so," Tony does a double take to Friday who confirms the lack of spell books.

"No, I need Norse Mythology books," Stephen explains.

"Loki has plenty," Anna quips softly behind her mug of tea, ignoring Loki's glare, "you do,"

"Yes, but it's not for Midgardian use," the trickster glowers, groaning when he was nudged in the side. "But- fine," he stalks away, gesturing for Strange to follow him.

"You have to teach me how to do that," Sam pleads to Anna. "He never listens to anyone,"

"Other than cooking, Anna's one true talent is making Loki listen to what she says," Thor wraps an arm around the shorter woman.

"Just threaten to call your mother, I will not hesitate to threaten the same for you," she chuckles, curtsying for the group. "Excuse me, I need to check up on Y/n,"

~~~

"What exactly do you wish to do?" Loki looks to Stephen as he takes one book off the shelf after the other.

Stephen pulled his gaze away from the dominantly green, black and gold room. "With the books or my general presence?" The sorcerer inquires, taking one leather bound book in his hand.

"Presence is a start," Loki sneers.

"Your sister has proven much more of a threat without any grasp on morality, that's why I'm here to make sure she doesn't... fuck up Midgard," Stephen traces the golden trimming of the book, glancing over the writing.

"It is in your best interest to stay far away from her, magician,"

"Sorcerer," the doctor corrects, casting a spell to translate the runes. "And my duties aren't going to be stopped because you said,"

Loki scoffs, tossing the last book onto the table. "Very well, but though she may seem more of a threat, she is still my sister..." Loki's dagger glinted in his hand before it was raise to Strange's neck, "therefore, you lay a hand on her, hurt her in any way, shape or form, I'll rip your pathetic heart out,"

Strange blinks two times with furrowed brows. "Didn't you threaten me using those exact words two months ago?"

Loki retracts his stance, "n-no, I- It was another-"

"No, I'm pretty sure you did," Stephen hums in thought before grabbing the books. "Well, have a good morning," within seconds he was out the room, bumping right into Anna in the hall way. "Anna, thank you very much,"

"No worries, magic man," she clicks her fingers at him before moving into Loki's room.

Stephen sighs out, flicking through the books before looking up at your room door. It was shut, a soft light seeping through the apparently dark room according to the gap between the door and floor.

"I've dealt with one moody deity, I can do it again," he walks away, balancing books in hand.

"Plan of attack?" Cap asks the sorcerer.

"I'll be spending the day in the library," he walks to the elevator, "unless someone is dying... still don't disturb me," a tight smile was offered.

~~~

Tom asked a question, answer him 🧍

- Anna ❤️