Chapter 17 - Alarm

‼️Not my art‼️ Found on Pinterest‼️

~~~

Sudden red lights, blaring alarms and yells from FRIDAY to evacuate into the living room sent your body into full fight or flight mode. Your armour appears, everything black, gold and green while the metal spikes fall into place to tighten your boots against your legs. While you cursed the draped fabric over your shoulder causing hardly any secrecy, it had to be ignored for now.

(Change how you wish! Art above is not mine!) (Oh and I imagine the cape to be green, not gold (maybe with a bit of gold))

Slipping out your bedroom, you slide through the hall undetected; as far as an empty hall allowed undetectability. Nothing seemed to be wrong as the team all stood there under the crimson light unbothered.

"What is the meaning of this??" You remove your mask and put the blades down.

"Emergency," Tony yawns.

"Seems like you just wanted scare the Norns out me," you imbed your weapons through Tony's shirt to pin him against the wall. "Don't."

"Alright, enough, this is important," Stephen helps Tony down as you stick your tongue out at him. He rolls his eyes simply, watching you walk closer to place the knives back into their places.

"What could possibly be so important that it disturbs my daily ritual of ignoring all of your presences?"

"This is regarding Peter," Bruce says, jumping a little when you reveal a large sword with a sigh.

"Alright, who's dying today?"

"No one," Strange grazes his hand against yours to take away the weapon.

"Peter's birthday is in two days, now incase any of you fuck up, I've got back up," Tony let's holographic plans fly over to each person. "But I think the kid would want something more home made,"

"Thought is what counts," Wanda notes, smiling at the small design.

"Cap-ricorn, terminator, birds of a feather, you three are on decor duty," Stark orders. "Sitcom couple, you're both on kitchen duty. Christmas tree, thunderstruck, R.L. Stine, you three are on venue,"

"Why am I R.L. Stine?" Anna whispers to Bruce.

"An author who's books come to life- I didn't know you write books," Bruce looks to the brunette. "Could I read-?"

"No."

"Bird brains, Turbo, you two are on invitations. Romanoff and Jolly green are on presents and I'm on credit card providing," Tony tosses out platinum cards before looking to you and Stephen. "Both of you are on cake duty,"

"Cake duty?" You scoff at the order. "I don't bake- I will be treated to what status is, my hands stay clean," storming off, you suddenly fall into a portal and back into place. "How dare you-?!"

"It's for the kid," the former Neurosurgeon had started to convince you. "I can't bake for shit, but I'll at least try for the kid,"

Silence hangs over everyone before your groan let loose. "Fine! But I get to choose the cake flavour,"

~~~

The sanctum kitchen was a decent size, all the items needed for cooking provided. Why were you here? Well, the kitchen is Stark Tower was being used. While there was obviously the other kitchens, Tony didn't want to risk Peter seeing anything.

Everything was lay out: eggs, flour, sugar and more. Bowls and pans were set with measuring spoons and cups at the ready.

You sat on the counter, reading a book without care as Stephen went about trying to figure out the recipe.

"What the- what does that even mean??" He mutters under his breath, looking over the odd language.

Getting up a copy of the recipe behind your book, you notice exactly what he was confused about. A wisp of green smoke measured out the exact amount and placed it in the bowl while he was turned away.

"When did I-?" He looks up to you, seeing you still occupied, a suspicious look held.

Soon, Strange dumps the flour in making your mouth gape, eyes narrowed, "did you just dump that in without sifting it??"

"Yeah?" He obviously was confused.

"Nope," you jump off and get rid of the ingredients in the bowl. "You imbecile,"

"Thought you can't bake?"

"I said I don't bake, not that I couldn't," nudging him away with your hip, you bend down and look at the oven. "Stupid Midgardian technology,"

"Here," he kneels down beside you, showing which nozzles to twist.

"Always preheat the oven," you tick off the point in the recipe. "Now, we measure,"

"Yeah, yeah," he was seconds away from putting in the eggs when you stop him. Grabbing his hand and snatching the egg with a playful glare, you let out small tsks. "What now?" Stephen asks.

"Wet ingredients, dry ingredients," you point to the seperate areas.

"Does it matter?"

"Yes, it does," handing him the sift, it gave you a better chance to look at his hands. "Sift,"

"All of it?"

"I'll do it step by step with you," patting his cheek, you walk to his other side and start to place it in, watching him sift all the flour in. "Woah-!" You burst into laughter as a large splash of it hit you both.

"Alright, maybe I'll do it a little more gently," his hand slips so the metal hits the wet batter. "Shit,"

Your smile widens at his embarrassed laugh, your magic fixing it up a little. "First time for everything,"

"No need to rub it in my face," he frowns jokingly.

"What else can I do?" You tease, dusting your clothes. The rest of the time was spent with Stephen giving you an introduction to Midgard music.

Unlike your brothers, you had never been down here, so all this, music and more, was new. Stephen explained any references as you lined the tins and gave him notes on how to line baking trays easier.

~~~

Here is Chapter 17 JeenyisAnnaSimp have fun catching up while you ditch Rachel, Tamx2 and I ✋🙄

(To be fair they'll be suffering while I buy another funko/find that DAMN SECOND VOL OF MORIARTY THE PATRIOT)

- Anna ❤️