Chapter 31 - Coin trick

"Okay, no," Strange fixes your grip on the coin. "There, now you just flick it,"

"You all suck!" Clint laughs, acing his party trick which only Stephen, Nat and Vision were also able to do quite well.

"Shut... up," Sam flicks the coin which hits Clint in the face. "HA!- FUCK!" He gets hit by Bucky soon.

"Ha," Bucky smirks, only just having tried.

"Of course he can do it," you stick your tongue out at Bucky who mimics you.

"Try again," Stephen tosses the coin to hit the small paper hat off Loki's head which Anna had fitted on. "Whoops,"

"Can I stab him yet?" The god whisper to Anna who shakes her head. "Damn,"

"This is stupid," you adjust the coin again.

"No, your finger should bend like this, try aiming like... that," Stephen's train of thought as well as voice fades off as he catches sight of someone across the room.

"Yeah yeah," you don't notice it at first but when you get it into the cup with a smile, you see Stephen's head turned away.

It took no time to figure out what- or who he was gawking at. How original, a sexy nurse costume catches the Doctor's attention.

Of course, the white and red fabric clung tight against her s/c body, perfect h/c hair to compliment those e/c eyes.

Your blood was starting to heat up, eyes darkening their stare on the party-goer. Flicking your wrists subtly, a wave of magic made her trip and fall so wine soaked into the cheap costume.

Slumping back after taking another coin, you aim it to bounce off Tony's armour and hit the back of Stephen's head.

"Whoops," you click your tongue in a bored manner.

Stephen rubs the back of his head with a scowl, looking to Bruce who points to you. His eyes widen as it started to click in his head, Wanda and Nat's nods confirming his suspicions. "Jealous?"

"Pfft, of what?" You scoff are him.

"Of-" he was going to start with a smirk but...

"I'm too sober for this," you change the subject, "Snail, get more drinks,"

"You're lucky I want some too," he stands, stumbling a little at your glare, "and that you're scary,"

"Thor," you hold a hand out for a flask. "I think we need to liven things up,"

~~~

"You okay?" Anna looks to Loki who rested his hand on the couch with eyes drooping and head lulling.

"Are you single?" His words slur, "because I would be honoured to court such a pretty little thing like you-" he drops his head, snores slowly leaving his lips.

Everyone was either dancing the night away or arguing with anything but a person. With the Asgardian alcohol intoxicating everyone but Bruce, Stephen, Nat and Anna—the exception being Vision who couldn't actually drink—responsibility was left to those 5.

"This was a bad idea," Stephen looks to Nat who was smirking at Cap singing karaoke with Tony.

"I feel like if they start Hotel California Shang-chi will just appear," Anna watches while cuddling Loki who was mumbling 'Very full'.

"Yeah, nope, that's enough," Nat races to pull Thor down from a table before he could strip.

"I'm back," you stumble back to Stephen, swaying a little with a woozy smile. "Hi,"

"Hi," he watches you slump down on the spot next to him with a donut in hand.

"These are the most magnificent parts of Midgard culture," you hold it up to him, then taking a bite and downing it with more liquor.

"Woah- now, I think that's enough," he takes away the more heavily laced drink. "Yeah," a soft huff from impact leaves him when you fall into his arms. "Sleepy?"

"Very," you yawn. "You... make," poking his chest mindlessly, you find the right words, "a much more handsome detective, but shhh, don't tell anyone," your finger pressed against his lips before you wrapped both arms around him.

"Alright, bed time," he moves and arm under your legs then holding your back. "One, two, up," now in his arms, you were snuggled tight while holding onto his shirt.

"Goodnight, you two," Anna winks. "Finally, Sheriarty is somewhat canon," she sighs to the readers.

~~~

"There we go," he puts you on the plush mattress in your room. "Where do you keep your pyjamas?"

"Boop," you poke his nose in response.

"Come on, Y/n, work with me here," he walks to your closet which was sealed shut. His fingers tried to grab the door handle but a searing heat shot out to nip at his skin. "Shit!"

You giggle a little at this, tossing your shoes off and curling against your blanket rather than under. "I'm going to bed, okay? Goodnight,"

"No, no, you can't sleep in these clothes, come on." He sighs after no avail, trudging to his own room and retrieving a hoodie. "Put this on,"

"Yes, sir," you hiccup, unbuttoning your shirt.

"Oh! Right, okay," he turns away immediately, calming the blush. "Uhm, I'll just-" two arms wrap around his waist from behind.

"You're nice and warm," you whisper drowsily.

"And it's also nice and warm in your bed, let's go, princess," he directs you back.

"I like it when you call me princess," you yawn, rubbing your eyes with the sleeves of his hoodie. "Oh... I'm sorry, I got makeup- I'm so sorry-" your lips tremble as you point to the smudges on the fabric.

"Hey, hey, no it's okay," Stephen chuckles, wiping the corners of your eyes. "You're more emotional when drunk,"

"Is that bad?" You sniffle.

"Nope, now how do you remove the... oh," a puff of smoke from your magic removes it. "There we go," his eyes were a half-hooded softness, watching you curl up in his hoodie. "Nice and tucked in?"

"Mhm," you nod off slowly until fully asleep.

"Goodnight... my princess," he rubs your shoulder with a crestfallen smile.

~~~

Okay maybe I'll post like- two more chapters 🧍

- Anna ❤️