Chapter 7 - Soap

"So, Princess Y/n, what do you do on Asgard all day?" Peter looks up to you with a tilted smile.

"Well, little Spiderling, alongside royal duties I work with my mother in the royal tutoring center," to which you then add, "only on some days, if I'm bothered,"

"Oh, that's really cool! Is it like high school?" He perks his head up, "I'm in high school but we don't have cool magic like you, I think Mr Doctor Strange helps out with that,"

"Wouldn't expect such a thing," you rub his back encouragingly. "You little humans are so weak and-" then you see his frown form, face falling.

"That's not very nice,"

Your jaw tenses, hands falling from him to clasp together. "Uhm, forgive me, I didn't mean to..." panic was starting to build. "I didn't mean to offend you in any way, I just speak without thought- please don't shout at me in anger, forgive me,"

"What? I'm not mad," Peter shakes his head reassuringly. "Why would I shout? You said sorry and didn't mean it," he nudges you with a smile. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," looking down to avoid his eye, Peter caught on immediately.

"Hey, come on, I want to show you this cool store," he drags you away while the four others watch from a little bit behind them.

"Is Y/n always like that?"

"Ever since a child," Anna looks to Loki who shrugs.

"Always timid and fearful of upsetting people... until she didn't care anymore," Loki clicks his tongue. "My sister is a very confusing character but one thing is for certain," he watches as you start to smile again, "she does mean well, and she does care,"

"Any reason she stopped caring about upsetting people?" Nat asks.

"Because she thought no one cared about her," Loki sighs.

~~~

"Okay, so this store is the best for soap, it smells good doesn't it?" Peter pulls you into a store.

"It's overwhelming," you sniff the air a little. "Nice but a bit much,"

"Because there are so many options! These are bath bombs, these are shower jellies, these are soap bars," Peter rambles on, pointing to every colourful item in the store. "If you don't see anything you like then we can go to another store, don't worry,"

"I don't want to be picky," you shake your head, seeing the others enter the stores and switching your facade like a button had been pressed, "but I'll have a look, may be hard finding something decent," stalking away with a basket the teen gave you.

"It will take a while, but Y/n will fall more comfortable and open with you all," Anna notes softly sniffing the air with a bright gleam.

"Anna," you call for your friend, gesturing over.

"Yes, one moment," Anna pats Loki on the arm and nods to the women before rushing over to hold your basket. "How are you currently?"

"Fine," you dismiss making Anna tilt her head. "Nervous,"

"And why is that?"

"I said something not so pleasant to the child and-"

Anna cut you off. "Did he say he was upset? Did you apologize? Is he currently glaring your way in disgust?"

You turn to Peter who looks up with a bright smile, waving rapidly at you, your own hand raising to awkwardly returning much more hesitantly. "Uhm... No, yes, and no,"

"Exactly," Anna clicks her fingers before giving a comforting smile. "If you worry so much go to Loki, he is your brother and cares,"

"He doesn't, he just wants to put on a show for everyone,"

"Mhm," the basket was placed on the counter.

~~~

"Right... and this is not healthy is it?"

"It's McDonalds, of course it isn't," Peter takes a big bite as you poke at the red packaging holding slightly limp fries. "Come on, princess Y/n, this is actually-"

"Peter," you hold a hand up, the use of his name making him panic. "Please, just call me Y/n,"

"O-oh!" Peter stammers. "You sure? I mean I don't want to be rude,"

"Of course... we are friends, right?" You slip the question in with an internal timer ticking down to a full blown meltdown.

"Yeah! I mean you're super cool, who wouldn't want to be friends with you?" Peter slides chicken nuggets over to you. "Chicken nuggets, take one and dip it in your ice cream,"

"Pardon?" You look to the sweet icy treat and the steaming hot savory, and slightly suspicious, food.

"Trust me," he takes one and dips it in his with a big scoop. "See?" He eats it at once making you laugh a little louder than usual.

"Fine," you do as he did and contort your face. "I (hate/love) it," you chuckle, wiping your mouth with a napkin.

"Time for more weird food combos!" Peter spreads out more treats and savory items out making you stifle more laughs.

Loki looks to Anna with wide eyes. "Are you seeing this??"

"I saw everything, I have eyes," Anna deadpans. "See? Same Y/n,"

"You think this 'punishment' will be good for her?" He rolls his eyes, sipping at his drink with a raise brow.

"I think it already is," Wanda inputs with a shrug, leering subtly before taking a bite of her burger.

~~~

Hey bestieeeeeeeeee- I'm surrounded by people 16 and younger- and the adults are playing cards

Therefore I've gone through a few beers in the corner of the kitchen while editing all these chapters

Help :)

- Anna ❤️