Chapter 19 - We did our part

"I don't understand the reference but I appreciate your efforts," the small laugh you let out turns everyone's attention to you and Stephen.

"Finally done?" Tony looks to the cake

Your mind finally takes into account all the people around. With your face falling into a bored manner and space between you and the sorcerer increasing, your efforts to seem less friendly remained unconvincing.

"Not bad," the billionaire looked into the box with a shrug. "Guess we won't need to buy one, the kid will like it,"

"Good job, team," Steve looks around at everyone. "Now we just need a plan to distract Peter the day of,"

"I can get Friday to make a fake mission,"

"I can plan it," you cross your arms, "wild goose chases are what I do best,"

"That is true, one time when we were 12, Y/n created a fake quest to send The Warriors three, Sif and I to the mountains so Loki and Anna could raid our stash of offerings we were given during Yule," Thor often retold that story with a smile on his face; this time he was no different.

"And they didn't come back until 4 days later when Sif realised the map was just a knock off from the local joke shop," you quip, taking out the Stark phone you had gotten. "Give me a few minutes and I'll have a full proof mission,"

"No one actually gets hurt," Stephen reminds.

"Three people,"

"No one," he says again.

"Two-" you scowl at him once more before sighing, "one lamp post, that's my final offer,"

"Which you fix after," he folds his arms.

"Which you fix after," you copy with a mocking voice, storming of with small grumbles.

"Holy shit," Nat looks to Stephen who was slightly prideful, adjusting his gloves before walking through a portal.

"I will be back soon, Wong and I need to discuss- well you don't need to know," he leaves the group gobsmacked.

"Did he just-" Thor looks to Loki who's jaw was clenched tight.

"Alright, bets," Bruce takes out a small note book and jar.

"Bets?" Loki does a double take.

"Ah, we place bets for certain relationships, mainly when it will turn romantic, brother," Thor notes, handing in a heavy wad.

"Absolutely not!" Loki yells, Anna stuffing a lollipop in his mouth before putting a bet down. "Anna!" He yells, removing the sweet.

"Oh, quiet down, this will be good fun," she hands the money over. "Maybe even good for Y/n,"

"I will not allow it,"

"But we all know Y/n doesn't listen to almost nobody," Thor pats Loki before sighing, "besides, who knows? Maybe nothing will happen,"

"Something will," Anna mutters with a wink to the readers.

~~~

Orders were yelled out to different team members throughout the day. While Bucky was hoisting Sam up to hang up one end of the streamers, Clint peaked out the vents to hang up the other end which Red Wing handed to him.

Wanda and Vision put food on plates while the witch held her brother back from eating any using her magic.

Cap and Stark were blowing balloons up; Steve opted to do it the old fashion way, but by his 5th balloon, Tony was done with his 32nd.

Loki, Anna and Thor were sorting out guest lists. The god of mischief made sure to note those who were banned from the party and assigned a dagger to be used on the banned party-goer if they turn up.

Natasha helped Bruce sort the presents out until eventually everything was in perfect categories. Banner even put labels to make sure it stayed sorted.

"Not going to help?" Stephen left the hall, seeing you leaning against the wall with a book.

"Are you?"

"We did our part," he sees Sam fall off Bucky, opening a portal so the Falcon fell onto the couch. "What did you get Peter?"

"Hm?"

"As a present?"

"Oh..." you summon the small wooden box. "It's an old Asgardian toy for those his age," demonstrating it's use, the lid was removed to show a hologram of Asgard which could be zoomed in on. "Usually this is to plan out journey's with friends to escape parents,"

"Is this a live feed?" He sees birds fly around the peak of green.

"Mhm, everything that is happening is shown,"

"A little creepy," he looks to you, enjoying the sight of your smile.

"It would be, but these replace people with with small dots, colours representing different status'- but royalty, barons, dukes, duchesses and the such are kept hidden,"

"Stops many assassination attempts, I assume?"

"But holds back any attempts to scare my brothers," closing the box, you place it away to give him your full attention.

"He'll love it,"

"I hope so..." comforting quiet was stopped when the elevator opens to reveal MJ and another boy. "Hello, my dear,"

"Hey, Y/n," she gives you a small hug once you and Stephen go to greet them. "This is Ned, Peter's best friend,"

"Nice to meet you," he shrinks at the intimidating posture you held.

Once you could sense his respect for you, you hold your hand out for him to shake. "Nice to meet you too, Ned,"

He shakes it with more of tremble than he expected. "Uhm, where do we put... presents?"

"Come on," you lead the way, making sure he falls comfortable to your presence.

~~~

Bet

Bet. _s_w__a_g_

- Anna ❤️