Chapter 45 - First dance

"Merry Christmas, your majesty," a woman beyond gorgeous had approached you with the cutest glasses, luscious long hair and a bright red dress. She bowed awkwardly, not knowing what to do, "uhm, I'm May Parker,"

"Ah, Peter's aunt," that explained it. "You don't need to do that, just call me Y/n,"

"Oh! Well, merry Christmas, Y/n," she hands a box over as Peter hurries over, "this is from Peter and I,"

It was a lovely scrap book filled with photos and memories throughout your time here. Alongside it was a bracelet, a small stone on it, the engraving along the inner side of the metal band adorning your symbol.

"Goodness, May, Peter, this is perfect, thank you," you hug them both as Stephen comes back with a drink for you.

"I'll see you around, hopefully," May turns before nudging Peter, "I nailed that, right?"

"Gods that woman is so attractive... if you leave me for her I fully support you, and expect you to support me if I leave you for her," you murmur behind your champagne as he turns to you in annoyance. "Polyamory?"

"Be quiet," he shakes his head as you laugh.

~~~

Sitting next to Sam, you had a lovely conversation with him while drinks were downed more elegantly than expected at Stark's usual parties. Soon moving on, you focused on the bubbles lifting to the surface of your drink.

"Want to dance?" Stephen asks hopefully.

"You know I don't dance,"

"First time for everything," he persuades, hand out for the taking.

"Oh, Hel," the glass hit the table, a few eyeing you and Stephen taking leave.

One hand on your waist and the other in his hand. Santa baby played from the speakers, a few happily swaying to the happy song. "Perfect for your first song,"

"Mm, I always expected it to be one of those god awful ballroom songs they play at least twice a night at every party on Asgard,"

"Good change then?"

"Really good," body close, you shut your eyes and take in his cologne. A sweet musk calming you among the crowd as it always did, "how am I doing so far?"

"Brilliantly, a true natural," he whispers into your ear once you placed your head on his shoulder. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"Doesn't hurt to ask, even if you're certain someone may be okay." He hums to the song, the deep rumble in his chest like a sleep spell being cast over. Warm evening light, downcast on every person, a crackling fire at one end and laughs around, yet nothing but him was what you focused on.

Just Stephen.

The biggest turning point in your life... it seemed too good to be true.

"This is probably the best day of my life, nothing could ruin it,"

"I thought the PTC was the best day ever?"

"Well things change, is that truly a crime?"

"No, not at all," his forehead presses against yours, holding it there in pure content, a malicious glare couldn't be sensed.

~~~

"Stephen,"

That caught him off guard: Loki had never called him by anything but a mocking name. "Loki."

"You've taken an interest in Y/n," he leans against the bar next to Stephen who waited for his drink.

"I'd say it's mutual," Strange knew the only way to complete this might make you beyond happy is fix any tension between him and the god. "Listen Loki-"

"I like you, Stephen," Loki turns his head to the sorcerer. "You're a good man,"

"Oh... thank you,"

"But after all you are still a man. A human. 85 year life. Purely meaningless in this universe," he goes on. "I'm sure you can understand my concern,"

"I think you should take into account that Y/n is very happy. I'm sure you can see that?"

"I can, and her happiness is my utmost importance,"

"Oh, great," Stephen sighs in relief. "I'm sure we can sort anything we have against each other out, any tensions-"

"However, I will not have you be that source when you will inevitably hurt her in the long run," Loki sips his drink. "I expect you to break her heart. End everything by the end of the night before I do it myself,"

"What?" Stephen couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"You heard me." Loki's glass was put to the side. "Break her heart as you wish, make sure she may never look back, or I will do it ruthlessly instead... and trust me," his head tilts to Strange, "I can be ruthless with my words."

There he was. Left alone. Stephen Strange was at a lost once more. One he hadn't felt in so long.

What once was fixed, by both your and his hands, now had to be broken by his.

"Your drink," he saw the cool liquor swirl in the glass in front of him. "I put a little extra... seems like you'll need it, kid," the old man nods.

"Thanks."

~~~

Y'all seemed so damn lonely in the last A/N comment section so I thought I'd post another chapter🧍

Also, Yes- I know that was very Crimson peak but leave me alone-

- Anna ❤️