Chapter 43 - Christmas morning

Fast asleep in your bed, the night having been perfectly peaceful, soon you hear Pietro yelling for everyone to wake up. After about 20 minutes of yelling, eventually there was movement but you were still fast asleep.

"Y/n!" Thor slams open your bedroom door making you bolt upright with a dagger in hand. "Merry Christmas!"

"Thor... if you are not out my room within the next two seconds I will personally replicate what Loki did to Sif's hair on you," slumping back into the pillows, you could hear him run away in fear.

"Morning," Loki greets from the doorway. "Ready for this atrocity?"

"More than ever," you pat your bed which he sits on with a sigh.

Crawling over, you cling onto your brother's back. "Onwards, Grease-ball!" You yell, feeling him lift you as he would usually do when you were both still children.

"Damn the Norns, Y/n," he complains as you smack his head to walk faster. "Stop that!"

"What are you going to do? Drop me?" Regret fills your face immediately when you feel his grip loosen and your body tumble back. "Ow..."

"Yes, actually," he ruffles your hair, walking to Anna's side.

~~~

"Really, Stark?" Steve holds up a shirt saying 'this ass is iconic'.

"I think it'll look good with Barnes' shirt," he points to Bucky who held up a shirt saying 'my illness is chronic'.

"Thanks, Nat," Bucky rolls his eyes at the assassin who was the one who gifted it.

"Perfectly planned," she winks then high fives Tony.

So far all you had received was clothes, gift cards you had no idea how to use, books and some little ceramic Knick Knacks from an antique shop. Not that you were upset, its was just nothing that meaningful. In fact, you hardly expected a gift from anyone but here you were with at least one gift from each person.

"Go on," you look to Strange who had finally taken your gift. "I really hope you like it,"

The paper peeled away, the box plain white and not a single hint as to what it could be. Popping open the cardboard, Strange took out a... snow globe.

"Well?" You look at him hopefully as he shook the weirdly discoloured antique. That look, pure positivity, he didn't have the heart to ruin it. Feelings in his chest just from your face was enough to make his heart melt, but then he looks down to the snow globe.

"I love it," he puts on a fake smile, setting it aside. The team looked to him and you with wide eyes, obviously he didn't like it. It was almost painful watching it happen.

"Well, if the standards are that low then I probably shouldn't bother giving you your actual present," you give a small scoff, laughing a little.

"What?" He does a double take.

"Of course that's not your actual gift! I found that thing in the dollar store down the road," taking out a velvet blue box, you hand it over. "Merry Christmas, Doc,"

His hand took off the red bow stationed on the top of the box, unraveling the ribbon until he clipped open the metal lock. Inside was a watch. A simple watch with gold plating and the finest leather which was smooth to touch.

"Asgardian leather, Alfheim gold, and Vanaheim stones," you point out quietly, not wanting to attract too much attention.

A lost cause really considering everyone was intently listening.