Chapter-7

Chapter-7

"I love you Haya, Will you marry me?" Maaz knelt with a box in his left hand, as he finished confessing he opened the box with his right hand, revealing a diamond heart-shaped ring.

"Yes," she squealed with delight and hugged him, "I love you too" she confessed and he hugged her back.

______________________________________

"Ahhh" Maaz groaned, "Shit" he muttered tons of curses when he found himself laying on the floor.

He got up from the floor and scratched the back of his head, smiling sheepishly "what were you dreaming of Maaz" he thought.

He saw the time on his alarm clock and realised it was almost time for office.  He hurriedly ran to the washroom and did his business alongside showering.

He wore a white colour shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a grey vest coat with matching grey tie and grey pants,

His bushy hairs perfectly gelled and combed in side part. He sprayed his favourite perfume and wore his Rolex wristwatch and his grey derby shoes with matching invisible socks.

"All done," he said as he looked at himself in the mirror.  He stepped out of his room and greeted his mother who was in the kitchen.

"Maaz, why are you beaming today?" His mother asked because first, he was dressed up like a gentleman today and then he woke up early and now the smile on his face is getting wider every second.

"Mom, I think I am in love!" He exclaimed, For a second his mother's eyes widened and she dropped the container of lentils which she was holding on the floor.

"Finally! Finally, you're in love!" She squealed in happiness and spoke said so loudly that Maaz instantly regretted telling her about it.

"Mom calm down! They'll hear you" he said referring to his brother and his father.

"Maaz you'll finally get married!" She hugged him, "You go and sit on the dining table, today I'll cook your everything that's your favourite" She pushed him towards the dinner table.

"I said to her I am in love and this is her reaction, god knows what will be her reaction when I'll be a dad" Maaz chuckled at his silly thought.

"Mom, I'll have dinner with you but now I need to go to the office otherwise your elder son will kill me " He pecked her cheeks and walked out of the mansion.

Haya on the other hand was getting ready for her interview today. She wore a white long-sleeved smocked peplum top with cocoa brown high waisted trousers and white high block heels. She tied her hair in a low wavy ponytail.

As for makeup,  she applied eyeliner and crystal nude lipstick and some perfume.

"Masha'allah my child you look so beautiful" Mehrbano (Mama) complimented her, "Thanks mama," she said and hugged her.

"Okay now go otherwise you'll get late for the interview, " Mehrbano said,  Haya nodded and walked out with her file.

"Siddiqui Industries, here I come" Haya mumbles entering the huge 30 story building. "Excuse me, are you here for the interview?" The receptionist asked and Haya nodded her head.

"Okay, Go to the 25th floor. You'll be interviewed there" The receptionist named Madiha guided her.

"Okay thanks," Haya said and walked to the lift, as soon as the lift came to the ground floor she entered in. She could feel her heartbeat increase with every passing floor.

Finally, she reached the 25th floor. "You can do it" she chanted to motivate herself. "The boss is very short-tempered, I came to know that he fires the employees if they do a single mistake" Haya heard the girls sitting next to her prate, their prating made her more nervous than she already was.

She moved away from them and stood near the large window. She observed every interviewee walking out of the cabin with a defeated look.

"Mrs Qadir it's time for your interview" the girl informed her and walked away.  She took steady steps towards the room. She recited a dua before entering the room, hoping everything to be good.

As soon as she entered the room her gaze met a familiar face. "Asim?" She questioned, shock and happiness were visible in her voice.

"Are you the boss?" She asked again, "yes I am and omg I can't believe that you'll be working here," He said with the same excitement as hers.

"I'll be working here? At least take my interview first then you can decide if I work here or not" she said and settled herself on the leather armchair.

"You are working here, but as you want me to take your interview I'll do that only for your satisfaction so that you don't think that I hired you just because you are my friend," He said viewing her resume.

After they were done with the interview Asim let her know that 2 days later they'll receive an email regarding the job.

"Don't mind me asking but how come you are the CEO of this company?" Haya asked, "Well you see, I was adopted by the Siddiqui's who also happen to be billionaires.

So my Dad was the former CEO of this company and this year he gave his position to me as he had no other heir. So this is how I became the CEO of this company" He said the end part with a peal of low laughter.

"Ooh that's cool," Haya says after she was done checking out his cabin. The room was on the 25th floor with a wall window. The view outside the window was breathtaking.

the cabin was painted in light brown colour and the furniture was painted in brown with a huge chandelier hung above his desk.

The files on the shelves were neatly organized, there was a coffee machine placed on the table kept at the side of the shelf.  A couch in brown was placed in the middle of the room and a tea table with a white plush carpet underneath.

"Asim, I'll be leaving now and I want you to visit our Orphanage real soon, okay?" Haya said, getting up from the seat.

"I would have come today itself, but I have a meeting to attend in the evening," he said with a wistful smile.

"Okay then bye," Haya says collecting her files from the desk

As she exited the building her phone buzzed, showing an incoming call on the screen.

"Hello," She said receiving the call and placing it on her ear. "Hi!" Came an electrified voice from the other end.

"Naqvi?" She made a wild guess even though she was sure it was him.

"Yep!" He says "Why are you squealing?" She let out a low chuckle. "Because I'm happy today," he says again with the same squealing voice.

"And why are you happy today?" She asked, hailing a cab she sat in with her one hand holding the phone close to her ears. "Let's meet today?" He asked

"I am going out with my friends today," She said and heard him sigh on the other end.

"Okay, then tomorrow?" He said not giving up. "Okaay" she replied as she didn't want to drag the conversation.

"Alright then, see you soonnnn" he sung the last part which made Haya laugh. "What happened to him today," she thought, ending the call.