Chapter 27

The sky was getting darker and yet the clouds are still hiding the full moon as Lavender stepped her foot into the pack house. The cheering and noises from the hall was more than enough to let her pace slow.

Deep breath Lavender...you can do it!
She motivate herself before nervously opening the door to the event hall.

Goddess! It is marvellous!
The ball room of the pack house had decorated upto its optimum, Luna Lily along with few omegas are running here and there for last minute finishings as well as her mother and Gamma female Anna.
The next batch of warriors are already in line for the ceremony for their initiation along with Gabriel while he pointing some notes to them with only Brooklyn beside him. Tylor was nowhere in sight.
Her eyes desperately searched around the crowd to catch a glipse of her mate but failed miserably. May be he is not here yet.

The aroma of burning candles and flowers welcomed her as she descends the elegant stairs to the hall.

Everyone is waiting for the moon to make its appearance. She can sense the immense amount of happiness and pride in each one of her fellow pack members.

By the time she make it to the down, she was shaking miserably with a beating heart, since she can hear the murmures and the stares aimed at her from the attendees including the other pack guests.

Lavender hoped they are just checking her out.
They can't possibly say she is a witch and a Midnight wolf right?

You got it Lave! Stay careful and focused.
Her grandmother whispered into her ear with a side hug, before joining a intimidating group of people who are curiously watching her each and every moves.

The Warewolf Elders!

She politely nodded at them with a  forced smile. She forgot that they have to be present for the validation of the ceremony. Its a custom passed down by their ancestors.

Lavender just blended with the crowd then, awkwardly receiving compliments and appreciation from whoever passed near her.

She just want this night to end already!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Aiden rubbed his temples to reduce the stress. He was anxious from the morning itself, cause they say "Great powers brings great responsibilities."
Shadow Crack Pack is his responsibility from now on.
His to lead and protect!
A continuation of a great legacy on one of the biggest and strongest pack.
He is bound to takeover the headache and tension the position brings..

But the current issue is not that!
It is this Luna Brittany from the Red Claw Pack throwing his daughter Hannah into his arms sneakingly in the middle of an official talk.
Who does that?
What is her actual problem?
The girl could have hurt badly with embarrassment If Aiden hadn't caught her on time.
For God's sake! That girl is not his goddess given mate!
And he is not intrested in taking a chosen. He made that clear to every person who cross his direction.

The girl Hannah is a little shy but is beautiful with wavy brown hair and light green eyes, any malewolf would be delighted to be her chosen. For a fact Aiden knows that he can't forever wait for his mate.. he only have one more year to find a mate and with the alpha gene she is definitely a good choice to be his Luna.

But....

From the moment he entered into the hall he can't take his eyes off from a certain girl with long raven hair and Crystal voilet eyes. She looks incredibly gorgeous..and too good to be true..

Aiden fisted his hands on both sides. He is indeed getting angry but for the first time in days, it is not at himself for this instant attraction he feels towards her, but at those mateless losers who are ogling her figure admiringly.

He can't blame any of them, afterall she is like the centre of attraction at the event. Taylor had a hard time throwing glares at whoever glazed  her for more than two seconds. And Aiden was damn sure that If Tylor had a choice his beta might throw stones at every admirers instead of those meaningless glares.

There must be more that Two-hundred beautiful mateless shewolves present there at the function but why the hell everyone is only intrested on her. Aiden even hear James, a young alpha from another pack calling her a enchanted beauty which agreed by other fellow Alphas.

But she is not wearing the dress any of them chooses though! The Red-wine gown made her look flawless and powerful.
Aiden smirked smugly at that thought.

Heck yeah! He is above all of them!

And again he wants to smack his head on some walls, from where this sudden feelings came from?
What is his actual problem?
Why he cares?
Whats happening to him?
For all he know he hates her!!!

He moves to chat to his warriors as a distraction to control his newfound frustration.

The moon is already there, smiling knowingly downwards..
The ceremony will began within minutes.

Out of a peripheral vision Aiden see Marc a pack member moving towards Lavender's direction which again bring his attention back to her.
Since the crowd is so loud he can't concentrate on their conversation but she does look uncomfortable!
Is that a blush on her cheeks?
He watched them happily chat annoyingly.

Now he don't have any problem with Marc, he is a nice guy from a well respectable family.. but at that moment Aiden doesn't want anything more than to smack him upside down with a punch!
With a determined look he slowly tapped his bestfriend's shoulder who was standing next to him and having a stupid argument with Brooklyn dramatically.

Tylor... you didn't tell me Marc and Lavender are dating!
Wow! Aiden didn't know he can act so innocently clueless.

What??? My sister is not dating anyone! Stop spreading bullshits Aiden!

As a reply Aiden simply nodded his head towards the talking pair's direction.

Like expected Tylor furiously rushed to their direction.. possibly to kick that boy!

Hehe!
Take that Marc! Don't even dare to look at her direction anymore!

Wait... what is he doing? Where does that came from?

This is insane!
He does need a brain check very soon... This is not good!!

To be continued....