Chapter 39

The moon marvelled the night as the dawn faded away..
Thats when the pack received a magical message of peace from the attackers.

On the letter they promised peace If Shadow Crack decides to handover their "Queen" and a warning to slaughter the whole pack If they refused to do so!

There was a commotion followed by the letter between the pack members regarding their indifferent opinions in this matter and possible dangers which finally resulted in few more pack members to relieve from the battle.

Lavender has been closed herself inside her bedroom for some period since then.. She can't face the sorrow on her loved ones.. The whole pack reeks despair.. filled with saddness, fear, prayers, and promises.

And along with that..

BELIEVE ME! AM EQUALLY GLAD AS YOU THAT ITS NOT ME! CAUSE IF I WAS HER MATE BY ANY CHANCE,
I WILL NOT HESITATE TO REJECT HER AND THROW HER OUT OF MY PACK!!

Aiden's roar kept running through her mind ... she had a last ray of hope on him that he completely wiped out later that evening!

Now she can happily reject him without feeling guilty..and move away from his pack! Afterall she deserves someone better than her narrow minded alpha!

May be she can join the Magical Forest with Aurelia!

Lave ... Its time! Every member that are participating on the battle must report to the Pack house.
Angela called her up softly.

Lavender joined her grandmother shortly after rechecking all of the important spells she needed.

I know you can do this dear!

Angela pulled a trembling Lavender under her arms as they walked silently through the empty streets of the pack that looks dead..

"Always remember that, In a battle defeating enemy must be your prior priority.. you may seen your loved ones falling down but don't let that get you distracted".

Lavender's heart began to beat like a drum.. the possibility that she may lose a dear one tear her into pieces. Even her father is fighting, despite him being retired..

Suddenly her shoulders felt heavy with responsibilities and the hope everyone believed upon her.

Tylor, Grandmother and Felicia are the only people Lavender trained with .. she don't know how much she can keep up with others...
The sore memory of losing with Brittney before her shift still seems afresh.

Her brother was there at the entrance as they arrived and he was so fast enough to drag her away from all of the curios.. accusing..and pity glares.

ATTENTION!

Aiden get into the podium to cast his vote of speech before she can address a word with her family.

MY DEAR FAMILY!

KEEP IN MIND

TO

SURROUND THEM
ENGAGE THEM
ATTACK THEM

LET OUR ENEMY'S DEATH REACH THE END OF OUR WAR!

BACK UP OUR FELLOW COMPANIONS

WE SHADOW CRACK WILL FIGHT TILL OUR BLOOD BLEEDS TO SAVE ONE OF US!

TOGETHER!!!!!

VICTORY IS OURS!!!

VICTORY IS OURS!!!

Every one chanted back as a chorus lifting their swords high.

The speech does its job! The gathered crowd is high spirited.. there is no more fear or despair...
Just vengeance!

But Lavender can only gape at Aiden!
Did he really deliver that?
It is too surreal to be true!

He then straight away advanced his eyes towards her like he can sense her presence and contemplation. She hold the look refusing to back-up.
Their stare was too pierce that it made both of them freeze to the spot and grasp the mutual gaze.
She felt like they can feel each others souls singing in the same symphony.

You don't have to fight you know!
You can stay back here in those secret chambers.
Gabriel's troubled voice made her jumped from fright breaking the harmony.

Um..uh there is no need for that Gabe!Secret chambers are meant for kids, pregnant women and other older pack members... I can't force my self to rest with them, when you guys are fighting for my safety sacrificing your life!

Lavender replied abruptly before looking back for Aiden.. only to find that he was already moving towards her direction.. just as he show up near her and open his mouth to say something...

ALPHA....

CODE RED!
CODE RED!
CODE RED!

A border guard roared with pant while running into their training arena, shifting from his wolf to human in seconds!

With that Aiden's demeanor changed and he runned into the podium along with Tylor and Gabriel.

The pack members surrounding began to move into their fighting formation and loud alarms were ring throughout the pack lands making the left out pack members to rushed into the arena.

Because CODE RED means that...
The intruders crossed the pack boundary.

And Its time.....

To be continued..