T H I R T Y - S I X

The beginning of the ride home was not silent as we all had given John a congrats as he sat in the passenger seat with a blush and a dorky smile. After giving John a hard time for a bit Anthony kept his eyes on the road but stretched one arm back, his hand landing on my knee.

"How are you feeling? You ok?" He asks, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah." I reply, giving him a forced smile. He gives me a smile that says 'I won't push further, just know I got your back' Then he took his hand off my knee and we continued on our way to Tyler's house. During the whole car ride Jaren never let go of my hand. He held it in his lap, bringing it to his mouth from time to time to give my hand a sweet kiss, with the exception of the time he tried to make me giggle by pretending to go for the kiss and instead licking my hand. It worked. Upon arrival we saw that Tyler's car had gotten there first.

"How's it feel to lose?" He asks once we make our way over to him.

"Shouldn't you know how that feels by now." I shoot back in a playful manner. The boys ooooo and Tyler scoffs putting a hand to his chest in offense.

"Are you calling me a loser (Y/N/N)?"

"If I say no will you buy me ice cream tomorrow?"

"I'll buy you whatever you want tomorrow, no matter your answer."

"Oh, then yes, I am calling you a loser." I smile as everyone laughs and Tyler playfully glares at me. I walk past him to go inside and he ruffles my hair. I scrunch up my face and give a little laugh causing him to give me the sweetest smile back. Immediately after I step into the house I go to the stairs and start going up.

"Hey." I heard behind me. I turn, it's John with Jaren standing next to him at the bottom of the stairs.

"You going to bed?" Jaren asks.

"No, I'm not tired, I was gonna change." I tell them and continue my way up to my room. I go in and lock the door after closing it, going to my bag and pulling out an old shirt and shorts. Before I can start changing there's a knock at the door.

"Changing" I say hoping it'll make them go away. They only knock again. I go and open the door to see Jaren with one of his sweatshirts in hand, he's looking at me with puppy eyes and a cute little smile.

"I thought you'd feel better in it. You don't have to wear it, I just thought you would like it." He continued his rambling, his face getting redder and redder before he finally ended with, "Can you please grab it so I can shut up." I laughed at his dorkiness and grabbed the sweatshirt out of his hands.

"Thank you." I say. I kiss his cheek and close the door with a smile. I change into the shorts and Jaren's sweatshirt, taking a second to cuddle into it a little, then make my way downstairs. When I reach the bottom of the stairs I see and hear no one downstairs. I scrunch up my eyebrows and go to the kitchen, thinking they might be there, no one. A nervousness sets in since I'm all by myself in Tyler's house, then I feel arms wrap around me, my fight or flight kicked in and I swiftly turn around and punch the person in the stomach. John groans, leaning down and trying to catch his breath. I hear Jaren and Anthony start laughing as I gasp.

"I'm so sorry, are you ok?" I ask John, moving so I can wrap an arm around his shoulders. He gives me a thumbs up before returning to focusing on his breathing. He takes a second before coming back up.

"Just knocked the air out of me that's all." He says. I hug him fully now, looking up at him.

"I'm sorry." I couldn't help but giggle as I said it this time.

"It's fine, at least now I know not to scare you." He replies to me, rubbing my back.

"That. Was. So. Funny." Jaren says, pausing between each word cause him and Anthony are still laughing.

"I got it." Anthony states holding his camera up. At this point everyone had made it downstairs.

"What's going on here?" Tyler asks, starting to laugh cause Smii7y and Anthony haven't calmed down yet.

"Where were you guys?" I question everyone.

"We all went upstairs to change. What'd we miss?" Kelly replies.

"She just-" Jaren makes a punching motion before going back to laughing. Everyone starts giggling as his laugh slowly starts getting higher and higher, causing Anthony to laugh at Jaren.

"What?" Scotty asks. Anthony hands him the camera. Everyone crowds around Scott as he looks at the clip. They all laugh once I hit John in the video and John buried his head in my neck, trying to hide.

"John, it couldn't have hurt that bad, she's so small." Tyler says coming up to me. I roll my eyes before getting out of John's embrace and opening the drawer next to me. I find a wooden spoon and hit Tyler with it.

"Ow!" He yelps, everyone starts laughing at that, John starts laughing at Tyler too. "No fair, you hit me with a spoon." Tyler pouts moving towards Kelly.

"And I'd do it again." I reply. Once we've all calmed down we sat in the kitchen for a bit, just talking, occasionally one of us would grab a snack to which we'd share with the others. I was asked if I was okay only twice, which made me feel a lot better. It was comforting to know my friends were there for me in the right way, they wouldn't force me to talk about it, they would give me their non-verbal support and instead treat me like they would normally. After awhile it was getting late so we all headed upstairs. I went to my room and got into the bed. I cuddled into Jaren's sweater and the sheets and slowly start drifting off to sleep.

(A/N: I have arisen from the dead with a new shitty chapter I hope y'all enjoy. Once again, not proof read or anything just whatever came to mind. I hope you have a good morning, afternoon, and night. Love y'all. Bye.)