T H I R T Y - E I G H T

I wake up to shuffling and the zipping of a bag. When I open my eyes and see Smii7y in his airport clothes zipping up his carry on, a wave of sadness washes over me. I turn towards John to find him still asleep.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" Jaren says noticing me turning towards John.

"No." I simply respond sitting up and turning so my legs are off the bed while my back faces John. I watch with a small frown as Jaren grabs his charger and puts it in a side pocket of his bag. He turns to look at me and gives me a smile, I return his smile with a sadder one.

"Don't do that." He tells me.

"Do what?" I ask.

"Look like a kicked puppy, I feel bad." He walks towards me while speaking and cups my cheeks, holding my face in his hands once he reaches me.

"I don't mean to" I say, he gives me a small smile and a peck on the nose causing me to scrunch up my face. We hear a knock on the door causing Jaren to let go of my face and go to open the door. We see Tyler with a cap on his head that tries to hide his morning hair (it wasn't working)

"We're heading for the airport in 10 minutes." He says, then looks behind Jaren to see me. "You going with us? Kelly's going." I nod my head and go to my bag grabbing my airport clothes, then going to John's bag and getting his outfit out. I then walk over towards John, Tyler and Jaren watching me as I yank his pillow from under his head and use it to hit him.

"AH" He exclaims as he jolts awake and sees me, "what the fuck do you want?" He asks.

"We're going to drop off Smii7y at the airport." I say and throw him his clothes. He scrunches up his face then turns towards the door where Tyler and Jaren are still laughing at how I woke up John. He nods his head then starts getting up. I smile at Tyler and Smii7y as I pass by them and go into the room I used to be staying in. I change into sweats and the Damb hoodie I wore when we first got here. Walking back to the boys room with my pajamas in hand I catch a glimpse of Tyler's head walking down the stairs. I turn into the boys room to see Jaren sitting on the bed on his phone and John hunched over his bag putting clothes away. I go to my bag and open it to see that all the clothes I folded and packed nicely have been shuffled around.

"What happened?" I ask aloud.

"What're you talking about?" Jaren asks from the bed.

"My clothes are all scuffed." I whine out as I kneel down to move some stuff around, looking for my hairbrush and toothbrush.

"Do you need to fix it right now?" He questions from the bed.

"I mean, I don't need to. But I know I'll be bothered by this later." I reply as I hold a white shirt that once was folded nicely but now has random wrinkles and folds from where it was shoved between a pair of shoes and a pair of jeans. I find the things and need and grab them out of my bag, putting my pajamas on top of the clothes pile, then go walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and hair. After doing so, I put my toothbrush back in it's travel container and head back to the room to put my stuff away, passing John who's heading downstairs. I see my pajamas were put away into my bag and I turn to Jaren who gives me a little smile. I put my things away then go to the bed where Jaren is now laying. His feet are awkwardly hanging off because he is wearing his shoes already, a reminder that he is leaving and I won't see him for awhile. Once I get close enough I lay on top of him, limbs spread only for my arms to come together behind his neck. He chuckles and wraps his arms around me rubbing my back after a few seconds.

"What if John and I go with you? Or you come with me and John, your stuff's already in Canada, we're the ones who need to pack" I quietly say looking up at him from my heads place on his chest. He smiles at me and moves his hands from my back to my hair, fingers running through and twirling strands every once in awhile.

"Well, I'm moving to a new place too, in order to move in faster I'd need to go pack up as soon as possible." He responds.

"Well if you come with me and John then you'd help us pack up faster then we can go help you pack. It's a fool proof plan."

"Sounds nice, but I need to get back to Octavia. I think she misses me."

"You're cruel for using your amazing lovable and sweet dog as a reason to leave."

"I'm not using her as a reason to leave."

"Yuh huh."

"Nuh uh"

"Yuh huh"

"Nuh uh"

"If Octavia doesn't FaceTime me as soon as you see her I'm gonna be mad."

"She'll be sure to call, it might take a while though since she doesn't have opposable thumbs." I giggle and we sit in silence for a few seconds.

"We're not kicking you out, but you're gonna miss your flight if we don't leave within the next 3 minutes." Kelly says appearing in the doorway and giving us a sad smile.

"Yeah. We're going." Jaren says smiling back and Kelly starts walking away. Jaren pats me on the back and I start to get up.

"You got everything?" I ask.

"I think so." He says doing a quick check of his bags. He looks at me once he's done checking and smiles. I smile back and grab his hand leading him out of the room that for the next few hours is mine and John's.

(A/N: Sorry for low key messing with you. I've had this chapter in my drafts for awhile and just didn't have the time, energy, or motivation to write. As of recently I am super busy with school, seasonal depression is upon me, and I low key have been sick for the past few days. But I have this chapter, sorry if it's sucky it's pretty much just a filler chapter. I know I've asked before but would you be interested if I did another book where it's just the reader, Smii7y, and John living together. It'll be like a one shot book where it's not a full story just a new plot every chapter. It'll be like a back door book from this one. But anyways, sorry if this sucks I don't really like it but I needed to get something out. Happy Holidays and I love you all)