T W E N T Y - T W O

I look at John with a face for sure telling him I'm gonna kill him. Jaren's head turns to the side like a puppy who's questioning his owner.

"Who?" He asks, his voice not as calm as it usually is. I see Kelly open her mouth and I already know what she was gonna say so I yeeted myself at her and climbed onto her back as I covered her mouth.

"Just someone." I say as Kelly laughs at what I did. Jaren's eyebrows don't move from their confused scrunch and I smile at him. He gives me a forced smile back and laughs.

"I guess, if your happy that's all that matters. Anyways, Kelly, Tyler and I are gonna head to the store to pick up ice cause we forgot it. We'll be back." He says and Kelly gives him a thumbs up. He looks at me for a second and puts his cup in the sink, then walks out back towards Tyler.

"Did you see that, totally likes you." Chrissy says once he's outside and we hear the car doors slam.

"He just told me it'd be ok for me to be with someone else." I respond getting off of Kelly.

"Technically he said he just wants you to be happy. Plus he forced that smile for you, did you catch it? He's Canadian, I'm pretty sure that's the most jealousy you're gonna get." Kelly points out to us. (A/N: for y'all hoping for a jealous Jaren, I have a plan, don't worry.)

"He likes you dude. I keep telling both of you but none of you are taking the advantage." John says then walks out of the kitchen. I watch him go to the other boys and I turn back to the girl's. Both of them are leaning against the counter with their arms crossed and staring at me.

"Oh shush." I say then walk to the others.

~~~time skip~~~

We're all outside for dinner, Tyler is barbecuing while we're all on the deck talking. Kelly, Chrissy, Scotty, Mini, and Anthony are sitting on chairs facing John, Jaren, and I who are sitting on the railing of the deck. Some of us have sodas or waters as we laugh.

"Burgers are ready." Tyler says and we walk towards him with our plates outstretched. He rolls his eyes and gives us our food as Kelly prepares his plate so she can go up and get the patty of his burger and then we all eat together. The sun is at the point where the sky is pink and beautiful. John, Jaren, and I move a table in front of us so we can set our food there and continue to sit on the rail.

"So once we're done eating we do fireworks?" John asks, excitement evident in his voice. Tyler nods as he chews his food. We all continued eating and joking as we waited for everyone to finish. Chrissy and I finished first so we grabbed one of the water balloons Craig had filled up earlier and threw it back and forth. We tried sabotaging each other to make the other drop it. Everyone watched and even tried to distract us. Chrissy had dropped it four times now and I've dropped it twice, luckily it didn't get on the white shirt I was wearing. After awhile we were still playing catch as everyone was either finishing up or done and just watching. I looked at the deck to see Smii7y and Scott turned around so I looked at Chrissy and pointed. She got what I meant and handed me a water balloon as she grabbed one for herself. Since we were a bit shorter we still had to throw it in order to hit them, so we stanced up and threw. Once it popped on them they turned towards us as we laughed along with the others. Both boys ran down the steps and we started running through Tyler's backyard with them chasing us, water balloons in hand. We ran around and Scotty ended up getting Chrissy as they laughed. I passed by the deck again to see Anthony recording. I stopped for a split second and posed for the camera, then screamed when seeing how close Jaren was getting. I continued running until a balloon hit me. The cold water causing my shirt to stick to my back. I squealed and stopped running after Jaren hit me. He came up to me, giggling at my reaction. Tyler laughed too, so I went to the bucket and threw a balloon at him as Jaren walked to my side. Tyler stopped laughing and looked at his black shirt.

"You bitch." He said, laughing,  grabbing a balloon and throwing it at me.

"It'll dry." I replied then got hit in the chest. I was laughing when I noticed Jaren's eyes widen. He hugged me and just stood there, "you good bro?" I ask.

"Your uh... your... your shirt's... uh... see through." He stutters as his face goes red. I look down to see my undergarment through my white shirt. I then remembered why I kept trying to dodge water balloons.

"Umm. Thanks. Could we maybe shuffle inside so I can, you know, change my shirt?" I ask him. He just nods with a shy smile on his face. He turns around still covering me and bends down.

"Piggy back?" He offers. I smile and jump on his back, I heard Jaren's breath hitch as I made sure my front was pressed against his back, I assume it's cause my shirt is still cold. I put my face in his neck as everyone laughed at Jaren's blushing face. He carried me inside and to my room. When we got outside the door he set me down and turned away from me, continuing to not look at me.

"As much as I appreciate you being a kind gentleman I feel like your ignoring me." I tell him and laugh. He chuckles and turns towards me, making sure his eyes are on my face.

"I can't slip up dude, I got a boyfriend." He says and I laugh.

"Well you're my stylist so what do you think. My black tee and a flannel?" I ask him.

"Yeah. That'll look good." He replies. I say thanks then close the door to my room and change. I look in the mirror and scrunch up my face, thoughts of those hate comments littering my mind again. I walk out and go straight to Jaren and John's room, passing Jaren who looked confused.

"I'm taking your offer on the sweatshirt." I tell him. I go to his bag and open it, seeing a bunch of shirts, pants, and jackets. I move some stuff and find a grey sweatshirt, I grab it and walk back to my room.

"Why?" He asks but I close the door to my room. I change so it's shorts and the sweatshirt with no shirt underneath. I look in the mirror and see that you can't really see the shorts considering how big the sweatshirt is, and my hands are swallowed in the sleeves. I open the door and his confused face turned to one of shock. He looked me up and down and a smile was slowly forming on his face.

"I didn't like how I looked in the other outfit." I reply. He doesn't say anything and I get worried, I began to feel insecure again so I was gonna close the door and find sweats or something but Jaren grabbed the door.

"You look perfect." He says smiling. I blush and smile, looking down to the ground. I look up again, his face continuing to look down at me. His eyes flicker to my lips so fast I don't even know if I saw it right. Both our smiles are wiped off our faces as we get closer and closer to each other, our eyes eventually closing. We're so close that I can feel his breath on my face as we both waited for the other to close the gap, but before one of us made the first move.

"Guys, firework time!" We hear John yell excitedly. We both jump apart and look at each other. I suck in my lips and look up at him. I let out a breath as I look down then back up.

"We should probably go." I tell him. He nods.

"Yeah... yeah. Come on." He says then let's me walk in front of him down to the back porch.