E I G H T

I woke up to my phone ringing and without checking the ID I answer it.

"Hello?" I state.

"Hi, is this (Y/N)." A girls voice responds. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Yes, may I ask who this is?"

"It's Kelly. Sorry I probably should've said that first."

"Oh it's fine. But how'd you get my number?"

"I stole Tyler's phone to get it." She replies with a giggle. I smile then sit up with a yawn.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" Kelly asks.

"Yeah, but it's fine I had to get up anyways." I start walking out of my room and head to the kitchen. When I get there I stop, "What the fuck?" I breathe out.

"What happened? Are you ok?" Kelly asks.

"Yeah I'm fine. John's in my kitchen, and he's cooking." I respond as I see John flip another pancake. He hears me and turns around. His cheek is still a bit bruised but not as bad as yesterday.

"John? Cooking?" Kelly responds which causes us both to giggle.

'Who's that?'John mouths. I mouth back 'Kelly' and he nods his head, "Tell her I said hi."

"John says hi."

"Tell John I said hi. I have to go cause you know, I have a job where I can't choose my hours. I just needed to make sure this was your number so I can know when to pick you guys up and stuff."

"Ok, that's fine. I'll talk to you later?"

"For sure. Bye."

"Bye." Then we hung up, "Kelly says hi. And what the fuck are you doing?"

"What? I can't cook a bit of breakfast for my best friend?" He replies with a smile.

"Well one, I'm telling Smii7y you're cooking for me and two, no you can't, so what do you want." I reply going to my messages to text Jaren but my phone rings signaling I'm getting a call. It's Jaren. So I sit down on one of the barstools and answer it.

"Hey I was just gonna-"

"I found a house." Jaren interrupts me. My eyes go wide and my lips curl up into a smile.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"Of course I'm serious." He replied.

"How good is it?"

"It's a two story with a kitchen that connects to a dining room, one living room, three bathrooms, two offices and four bedrooms but one of the bedrooms we'll turn into an office. A garage and a nice backyard for Octavia to play in."

"Wow, it sounds amazing. But what about neighbors? I don't think people will appreciate us screaming all the time."

"It's a little outside of town so it's far enough for us to scream at 3 am but close enough that we don't have to drive far to get food."

"Well what are we waiting for? Put down an offer."

"I may have already done that."

"What? When?"

"A few weeks ago."

"And you didn't tell me, the person who agreed to move in with you?"

"Well. I told John this morning."

"That's why he's making me breakfast." As I said that, John put a plate of pancakes in front of me and doused it with syrup. He gave me a napkin and on top a fork. I playfully glared at him and he gave me an apologetic smile.

"He's making you breakfast?"

"Yes, he's making his best friend breakfast." I reply as I turn the call to speaker and cut a bit of my pancake off.

"No, I'm his best friend." Jaren states.

"Are you sure? By the way you're on speaker so John can hear you."

"I am very sure, watch this, Hey John." John perks up from his food with a smile on his face.

"You have bear fists?" Both boys say at the same time causing me to roll my eyes as they laugh.

"See, I am the superior best friend." Jaren responds.

"Has John ever cooked breakfast for you?" I ask.

"Shut up." Jaren responds. We all talk for a while. Then Jaren asks John when his flight is.

"It's on the 30th so in two days. Oh shit I gotta pack." John states chuckling at the end.

"How long are you staying over there?" Jaren asks.

"Two weeks, right John?" I reply as if I'm not going.

"Yup. What about you Smitt, how long are you staying?" John asks.

"I was planning on two weeks too. (Y/N) are you going?"

"I told you I haven't reached the goal yet." I reply.

"Well how much more do you need?" John asks.

"I don't know let me check." I got up and went to my office and pulled up my subcount on the monitor. Seeing the numbers have changed to 998,389. "I need more than a thousand subs."

"Damb. So there might not be a chance of you going." Jaren's voice got quieter as he continued.

"No, maybe one of her clips will go viral again?" John states.

"Hey you're right." Jaren states his voice getting louder showing us John just gave him an idea. I facepalmed and turned to John with a 'wtf' look. He only shrugged and laughed at me 

"Hey I'll talk to you later cause I got stuff to do and I also gotta pack a few more things, and so does John considering he's leaving in two days." Jaren states.

"Ok, bye." I say.

"Bye." Jaren says.

"I love you babe, bye." John states and we don't get a response because John hung up the phone.

"Now let's pack." John says grabbing my suitcase that's still in the corner of my office. He carries it to my room, laying it open on my bed, as I walk behind him.

"Excuse me? I already have my clothes. I just need to pack my laptop, chargers, and toiletries, I can pack all that tomorrow." I reply closing the suitcase and zipping it shut.

"Well then you can help me pack. Come on."

"But what about your roommates?"

"You've only played with Jay like three times and I don't think you've met Kugo so it won't really matter."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes now come on." John and I drove to his place and he packed a bunch of shit that he needed. He ended up getting sidetracked multiple times which makes me wonder how he packed for stuff before he met me. (In person) Jay and Kugo ended up being at lunch together so they weren't there. Once John had all his stuff packed it was late because he took forever to get everything. He dropped me off at my apartment complex telling me to be safe. I told him I will then walked away. I entered my apartment and grabbed a snack, then got ready for bed. I plugged my phone into my charger and was about to go to sleep when my phone lit up. I checked it to see a message from Jaren. I open my phone and see,

Milkman: I keep forgetting to tell you goodnight. I use to tell you every night but recently we haven't been on a call till 5 in the morning (Canadian time) like we usually do. So goodnight.

My smile returns to my face as I reply.

(Y/N): Goodnight Jaren. I miss our calls too. I promise I'll make it up to you

And with that I went to bed.